Clovelly is a quiet suburb between Coogee and Bronte on the Pacific coast in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney, NSW, Australia.
Sydney Buses have two frequent services to Clovelly during the day.
- 339 from The Rocks, Castelreigh Street and Central Station, via Moore Park, Fox Studios and the Sydney Cricket Ground.
- 360 from the Bondi Junction Interchange. And there are many other buses in nearby Bronte and Coogee.
Clovelly Beach homepage!
- Snorkelling is very popular, the highlights being the population of resident blue groper. Many other colourful fish inhabit the protected inlet. It is easy swimming for most in all but the roughest weather. Another good spot is Gordon's Bay.
- Scuba diving from the easily accessible northern point is popular, and there is a local dive shop on Clovelly Road, Deep 6 Diving, 355 Clovelly Road, <[email protected]>, +61 2 96657427. You can see Long Finned Pikes, Old Wifes, Stingrays and Wobbegongs . It's not that easy to actually come out of the water, so check the tides before diving!
- Swimming from the sandy beach is great for families and electric barbeques are available, great for picnics. There is also a 25 metre saltwater pool on the south side. The unique concreted sides of the inlet provide lots of space for beach goers who aren't fond of sand. There are cliffs and rock pools to explore.
- The Coogee to Bondi Beach cliff walk  passes through Clovelly, before passing through the historic Waverley Cemetery when heading north.
- Gordon's Bay is adjacent to Clovelly Bay, also fabulous for schnorkelling and swimming, though is a rocky inlet without a beach to speak of. There is an underwater nature trail for divers. Access from Clovelly parking lot, where you can find a map with explanations.
Burnie's at 48 Burnie Street. Fabulous breakfasts and a sublime single origin roasters coffee menu is organic and gluten free open 7 days Breakfast and lunch
The Jilted Anchovy at 350 Clovelly Road does great pizzas.
Specc, next door at 344 Clovelly Road is a little more upmarket.
Seasalt at 1 Donnellan Circuit offers fabulous views of the beach.
The Clovelly Hotel at 381 Clovelly Road is not just a local institution but a firm favourite with all Sydneysiders. Many different bars and places to eat and hang out.
- Pizzavelly Italian Restaurant, 347 Clovelly Rd Clovelly, . 11AM-10PM 7 days. Italian Pizzeria and Restaurant. View menu online. edit
The Clovelly Hotel. That's about it in Cloee. There's a liquor store in the Clovelly West village.