- For other places with the same name, see Surrey (disambiguation).
Surrey  is a county in the South East of England, located to the south west of London. Surrey is cited as being the wealthiest county in all of Great Britain. Many of Surrey's inhabitants are from affluent backgrounds.
- Guildford - the county town, and largest town in Surrey, has a medieval castle, a modern cathedral, a large university and good shopping on its traditional cobbled High Street and nearby North Street
- Dorking - picturesque town lying at the foot of the North Downs, boasting Britain's largest vineyard, great antiques shopping, and superb running, walking and outdoors opportunities
- Epsom - home of the Epsom Derby, a two-day festival of horse racing dating back to 1780, held each year in early June
- Farnham - ancient historic Market Town with intact medieval castle
- Godalming - ancient English market town on the River Wey with a well earned reputation for being posh and popular amongst the old money circuit. Very horsey, oozing with understated elegance. Think large, old, detached houses hidden from view by ancient stone walls and numerous tall shade trees. More double-barrelled surnames per capita than anywhere else in the UK.
- Redhill - a modern transport hub, with good connections to London and the south coast
- Thames Ditton - attractive village just three miles up the Thames from Kingston upon Thames
- Weybridge - pleasant town, closer to central London, with good commuter links
- Woking - second largest town, also with good shopping and a couple of attractions
Surrey is one of the "Home Counties" arranged in a belt around London, but it is not all residential towns for commuters. The county contains some attractive countryside, in particular the rolling chalk hills of the North Downs. There are plenty of woods and rivers to explore, and an extensive network of footpaths and cycle paths. Most of the towns are very attractive, genteel and leafy, with interesting histories and wealthy inhabitants. There is a lot to discover in this compact area southwest of London.
- Heathrow Airport is convenient for the north and west of Surrey, while London's second largest airport, Gatwick , lies just across the eastern border with West Sussex.
- From London Waterloo South West Trains  operates regular services to Guildford and other towns in Surrey. Southern  runs services to south and east Surrey out of London Victoria.
- The M3 and M25 London orbital motorways provide good access to the north of Surrey. The M23 motorway runs from north to south through the eastern part of the county. Other major roads include the A3 London-Portsmouth trunk road, the A24 London-Worthing road, and the A25, which traverses Surrey on an east-west axis.
Metrobus  and Arriva  operate in the Surrey area.
Leith Hill, near Dorking, is the highest point in Surrey at 965 feet.
London, East Sussex, West Sussex, Kent, Hampshire, and Berkshire are all nearby destinations. Oxford is slightly further afield, but communications links are good between Surrey and most other parts of southern England.