Summit County  is located in the heart of Northeast Ohio.
- Akron, the County Seat of Summit County, was formerly known as the Rubber Capital, and has successfully made the transition from the world's tire manufacturing hub to its high-tech Polymers Research Center, now referred to as the is the Polymer Capital. It is also the home of the All-American Soap Box Derby.
- Cuyahoga Falls just north of Akron sits atop the waterfalls of the Cuyahoga River.
- Fairlawn is the commercial mecca on the northwest side of Akron and was home of many of the pioneers of the rubber industry, such as the Goodyear, Seiberling and Firestone families.
- Hudson is a picturesque Western Reserve town, located between Cleveland and Akron.
Western Reserve charm in Hudson
- Boston Heights
- Silver Lake
- Portage Lakes State Park, 5031 Manchester Rd., Akron. 74 non-electric campsites, 400 horsepower limit on lake, 8 boat launch ramps, boat rentals, fishing, hunting, beach, five miles of hiking trails, volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, basketball court, hunting waterfowl in designated areas.
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park
Summit County was created by an act of Congress on March 3, 1840. It was formed from Medina County, Portage County, and two townships from Stark County. Summit County is named because the highest elevation on the Ohio and Erie Canal was located here. Summit County is the only of Ohio's 88 counties that has a charter government.
- Akron-Canton Regional Airport (IATA: CAK), 5400 Lauby Road Northwest, ☎ +1-(330)-499-4221, . Fly into AKC if you can - small, easy to navigate, quick in-and-out.
- Greyhound, 781 Grant Street (In Akron), ☎ +1-(330)-434-9185, . Station and ticketing hours: Daily 7:30 - 10:00 pm.
Summit County is easy to navigate, considering that four of Ohio's major highways run through Summit County.
- I-76 begins at its intersection with I-71, near Seville, Ohio, and ends in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In Summit County, I-76 runs East and West through Norton, Barberton, Kenmore, Akron, the Goodyear Heights area, the Ellet area, and Mogadore.
- I-271 starts at its intersection with I-71, in Medina, Ohio, and ends at I-90, near Willoughby Hills, Ohio. In Summit County, I-271 runs Southwest to Northeast through Richfield, Boston Township, Boston Heights, and Macedonia.
- I-80 begins in San Francisco, California, and ends near Fort Lee, New Jersey, outside of New York City. In Summit County, I-80, also known as the Ohio Turnpike for its duration in Ohio, runs East and West, through Richfield, Peninsula (no exit), and Hudson. The Ohio Turnpike is a toll road.
- Ohio State Route 8 begins in Cleveland and ends at the I-76 and I-77 interchange in Akron. Route 8 becomes a highway near Northfield and connects the eastern side of the county with I-77 and I-76. Route 8 runs North and South in Summit County through Northfield, Macedonia, Boston Heights, Silver Lake, Cuyahoga Falls, and Akron.
- Hale Farm and Village, 
- Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, 714 North Portage Path, (330) 836-5533 
- Don Drumm Studios, 
- Akron Zoological Gardens
- National Inventors Hall of Fame, 221 South Broadway Street, (330) 762-4463 
- Akron Art Museum, 70 East Market Street, (330) 376-9185 
- AA Baseball: Akron Aeros, 
- Golf: World Golf Championship NEC Invitational, 
- Racing: All-American Soap Box Derby, 
- Horse Racing: Northfield Park, 
- Skiing / Snowboarding: Boston Mills / Brandywine, 
- Portage Lakes Career Center, 
Colleges and Universities
- The University of Akron, .
- Gasoline Alley, 870 North Cleveland Massilon Road (Bath), (330) 666-2670. Deli, Pizza
- The Grapevine Cafe, 25 Ghent Plaza (Fairlawn), (330) 836-1767. Breakfast, Coffehouse/Cafe
- Winking Lizard Tavern, 1615 Main Street (Peninsula), (330) 657-2770. American, Brewpub/Pub Fare, Pizza
- Teschners Tavern, 4252 Broadview Road (Richfield), (330) 659-9094. American, Bar
- Whitey's Booze 'N' Burgers, 3600 Brecksville Road (Richfield), (330) 659-3600. Bar, American, Burgers
- Fisher's Cafe and Pub, 1607 Main Street (Peninsula), (330) 657-2651. American
- Moe's, 2385 Front Street (Cuyahoga Falls), (330) 928-6600. Eclectic
- Russo's, 4895 State Road (Cuyahoga Falls), (330) 923-2665. Cajun/Creole, Italian, Southwestern
- RiverFront Restaurant (Cuyahoga Falls), 1989 Front Street, (330) 929-3000. Eclectic;
- Ken Stewart's Lodge, 1911 North Cleveland Massilon Road (Bath), (330) 666-8881. Contemporary, Seafood, Steakhouse Cuisine
- Lanning's, 826 North Cleveland Massilon Road (Bath), (330) 666-1159. Contemporary, Seafood, Steakhouse Cuisine
- LeFever's River Grille, 2291 Riverfront Parkway (Cuyahoga Falls), (330) 923-4233. Patio, American, New American
- Stancato's Cafe, 3960 Broadview Road (Richfield), (330) 659-6509. American, Italian Cuisine