Sugar Creek  is in Mid-Ohio and is a village in Tuscarawas County. With eight Swiss cheese factories nereby, Sugarcreek is recognised as the center of Swiss Cheese Industry in Ohio. It is located in the rolling hills of Tuscarawas County, 18 miles east of Millersburg on State Route 39. This is the area first settled by the Amish in Ohio.
From I-77 take SR 39 west.
- Alpine Hills Museum & Information Center, 106 West Main Street, ☎ 1-888-609-7592. March - November: M-Sa 9AM-4:30PM. A great museum dedicated to educating visitors about the Amish, Swiss immigrants, and their importance in Sugarcreek. Exhibits feature recreations of typical Amish scenes, arrowheads, buggies, tools, differing bonnet styles from various Amish communities, and Swiss instruments, including alphorns. Displays are accompanied by descriptions and/or audio clips. It may seem like a tourist trap, but the information and displays inside are actually well worth seeing. There is no admission fee, but they request donations. edit
- John S. Yoder Home, 116 Andreas Dr, ☎ +1 330 852-4644. May - Oct. 12 PM to 5 PM. Other tours can be arranged via phone. A former Amish residence built in 1869. edit
- Ohio Swiss Festival, tel. 330-852-4113 Last weekend in September. Swiss music, polka bands, wine and cheese tasting, parades, sauerkraut sandwiches. Free.
- Swiss Valley Trolley. May - Oct., Thurs. through Sat. 10 AM to 4 PM. Ride on a horse-drawn trolley and listen to your driver talk about the area and the Amish. edit
- Swiss Village Time Shop, 126 South Factory Street. ph. 216-852-4041 (Note: Amish do not participate in Daylight Savings Time)
Bars are few and far between around Sugarcreek. If you're looking for a bar in the area, it's best to head to New Philadelphia. There are shops that sell wine in Sugarcreek, with wineries in Dover.
- Guinevere's Place, 100 E Main St, ☎ +1 330 852-6007, . A gift shop that also has a variety of wine to choose from. edit
- Edelweiss Inn, 136 E Main St, tel: +1 330-852-3750.
- Carlisle Village Inn, 1357 Old Route 39 NE, tel: +1 330-852-2586.
- Dutch Host Inn, 1021 Dover Rd NE, tel: +1 330-852-2468.
- Carlisle Village Inn, 1357 Old Route 39, tel: +1 330-852-2586, (toll free: +1 877-722-7547), . $79-329.