Stresa is a small town on the shore of Lago Maggiore in Piedmont, Northern Italy.
There are regular direct train services from Milan Centrale Station taking around 1 hour.
There is a boat service from Locarno in Switzerland that goes to Stresa.
Stresa is a small enough town that walking is preferable. Bicycles can be rented and the roads are developed if you have your own car. There is also a pier for ferries and boats.
The Borromean Islands (It. Isole Borromee) are a group of three small islands, Isola Bella, Isola Madre and Isla dei Pescatori and two islets in the Italian part of Lago Maggiore, located in the western arm of the lake.
- Mottarone Cable Car, 8, Lido Square, 28838 Stresa, . A ride on its own brings fantastic views, or a one-way ride and hike or bike back down to Stresa is even better. Mountain bikes can be rented at the Stresa cable car station if you don't have one. edit
There is a Carrefour supermarket in Stresa.
- Torino. A great restaurant located on the central square. The restaurant makes a great schnitzel with french fries.
Ice cream bars
- L'Angolo del Gelato. This ice cream bar is located on the square in the centre of Stresa. The ice cream bar makes great ice cream and has many flavours to offer.
- Hotel Boston, Viale Duchessa di Genova, 13 28838 Stresa (Verbania) Italy, ☎ (+39) 0323 30533, . A few steps from the the old town centre and beaches, and from the railway station and Congress Hall. edit
- Holiday apartment Rede Stresa, . Apartment with splendid view on Lake Maggiore and the Borromeo Islands. edit
- Holiday villa Camilla Stresa, . Luxury villa with pool and superb view on Lake Maggiore. edit
- Hotel la Palma, Corso Umberto I, 33 28838 Stresa (Verbania) Italy, Four star hotel on the seaside road. The railway station and the town centre are not far away from the hotel.
- Locarno, Switzerland. From Stresa harbour, there is a boat which sails from Stresa to Locarno in Switzerland. The boat stops in several towns before it reaches Locarno.