Stoughton  is in Southwest Wisconsin. Stoughton is a lovely town of 13,000 located just 15 miles south of Madison. Founded in 1847 and known for its Norwegian heritage, including the famous Syttende Mai celebration of Norwegian Independence Day on May 17th. Stroll the tree-lined streets of Stoughton's historic neighborhoods and see hundreds of beautiful Victorian-era homes. Explore the community's vibrant Main Street featuring shops and galleries full of art, jewelry, antiques, and collectibles.
The nearest airport is Dane County Regional Airport in Madison. From the airport, take I-90 to Highway N, and turn right on Highway 51.
- Stoughton Opera House, 381 East Main Street, Stoughton, WI 53589, ☎ (608) 646-0019 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . The Stoughton Opera House first opened in 1901. It is one of the largest second story theaters in the Midwest. The opera house was completely restored in the 1990s and hosts a variety of local, regional and national musical and theater acts each year. edit
- The Haunted Barn, (one mile east of the Hwy. 51 - Hwy. N intersection), . On the weekends in September and October is The Haunted Barn. The haunted house, filled with actors, props, sound effects, and an dizzying vortex room, makes a great night out. Remember to let the jumpier friends go first! $12. edit
- Stoughton's Lake Kegonsa is a excellent boating destination and offers great fishing for bass, walleye, panfish and northern pike. Lake Kegonsa State Park  features boat launches as well as scenic nature trails.
- Koffee Kup, 355 East Main Street, Stoughton, WI 53589, ☎ (608) 873-6717. An affordable family diner with very friendly staff. Celebrated their 20th anniversary in 2010. edit
- Halversons Supper Club, 1965 Barber Drive, Stoughton, WI 53589, ☎ (608) 873-3001. Across the street from Lake Kegonsa, Halverson's boat dock makes it easy to tie up and pop in to enjoy a Friday fish fry. Good salad bar for small-town Wisconsin. A more upscale choice in prices and menu offerings, though the food is more rustic than big city-dwellers will be used to. edit
- Madison is 20 minutes to the north on Highway 51, offering the great usual restaurants and cultural activities of a capitol city.