Staunton  is a city within the Shenandoah Valley in the US state of Virginia. Although small, it is very distinct from neighbouring cities such Harrisonburg, Roanoke, and Waynesboro, in part due to the city government's emphasis on tourism and the very distinct downtown district.
Staunton is located at the intersection of I-81 and I-64 in the Shenandoah Valley. The downtown section can be intimidating to tourist drivers, but is quite easy to walk. There are several public parking lots near the main attractions.
Amtrak station (STA), 1 Middlebrook Avenue downtown, which is serviced by the Cardinal/Hoosier State line.
Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (SHD) in Weyers Cave and the Charlottesville Airport (CHO) are both within an hour's drive.
The town is small enough that if you stay downtown, you can walk anywhere you would like to go. There is also a free trolley service provided by the city.
- Downtown , which has a very unique character and equally unique shops and restaurants.
- American Shakespeare Center Blackfriars Playhouse , 10 South Market Street, an exact replica of Shakespeare's Blackfriars Theatre with performances of several of Shakespeare's plays every season.
- Gypsy Hill Park , featuring an annual Jazz in the Park festival.
- Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library , 18-24 North Coalter Street. Has a floor on trench warfare in WWI as well as biographical information, family possessions, and historical background on Wilson's presidency.
- Frontier Culture Museum , the museum has 4 historic farms and costumed interpreters that tell stories and answer questions along with showing skills of that time.
- DeJarnette Sanitarium Formerly a sanitarium for the wealthy, then a center for mentally disturbed minors, this now-abandoned building is prominently visible from Richmond Avenue and Frontier Drive.
- Praise in the Park, Gypsy Hill Park (at the Gazebo), . July 10-August 28: Tu 7PM-9PM. Christian concert series. edit
- Victorian Festival, a celebration of Victorian history in the downtown. Takes place in the last full weekend of April.
- Wright's Dairy Rite. a classic 1950's-era diner edit
- Depot Grille. edit
- Burger King
- The Beverly
- Sorrel's, 24 S. Market Street, ☎ 540) 885-4848, . Sorrels, named after Jackson’s trusty horse, specializes in delicious appetizers,tasty grilled paninis, seasonal specialties and comfort foods from our new menu including the House Lasagna. edit
- Mulligan's Pub & Eatery, 152 Fairway Lane, ☎ 540-248-6020, . Meet your friends at Mulligan's Pub and Eatery to relax after a hard day’s work. The Pub’s menu features platters, sandwiches and finger foods to satisfy any appetite. Wednesdays through Saturday, Mulligan’s features the hottest nightlife in the area for those 21 or older. edit
- Zynodoa, 115 E Beverly St, . Fine contemporary dining from locally sourced ingredients. Interesting cocktails and a wide range of food. edit
Queen City Brewery is a unique storefront which carries on a fine Southern tradition: making your own alcohol. Patrons can use the facility to create their own beer or wine, which are aged at the facility until ready to be picked up. For those not so DIY-inclined, Queen City Brewery also offers their own specialty beers and lagers, fruit wines, and non-alcoholic soda pops. Friday nights are "Brewgrass Fridays", and local bluegrass bands play while while the storefront offers free samples. No cover.
- Comfort Inn, 1302 Richmond Ave., ☎ (540) 886-5000, . Centrally located in the Shenandoah Valley on Interstate 81, surrounded by the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains. edit
- Econo Lodge East, 1031 Richmond Ave. I-81 exit 222, ☎ (540) 885-5158, . Within 10 miles of area attractions and businesses, including the Frontier Culture Museum, Mary Baldwin College, the P. Buckley Moss Museum, Artisans Center of Virginia and the Augusta County Courthouse. edit
- Quality Inn, 96 Baker Ln, ☎ (540) 248-5111, . Located off Interstate 81 in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley edit
- Sleep Inn, 222 Jefferson Highway, ☎ (540) 887-6500, . Located off Interstate 81 in the Shenandoah Valley. Surrounded by the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains edit
- Microtel Inn and Suites Staunton, 200 Frontier Drive, Tel: (540) 887-0200, .
- Frederick House  28 North New Street, Tel: (540) 885-4220 Reservations: 1-800-334-5575. A bed-and-breakfast.
- Stonewall Jackson Hotel was a grand old hotel which was restored in 2005. A historic hotel great for that weekend getatway or special occasion. 24 S. Market Street, Tel: (540) 885-4848 or (866) 880-0024 [2 ]
- Inn at Old Virginia , is a quaint inn near downtown Staunton. Tel (877) 809-1146
- Holiday Inn Golf & Conference Center, 152 Fairway Lane (I-81 exit 225), ☎ (540)248-6020, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 12PM. edit
- <sleep name="Red Roof Inn" alt="" address="42 Sangers Ln" directions="I-81 exit 222" phone="540-885-3117" url="http://www.redroof.com" checkin="3PM" checkout="10PM" price="65" lat="110" long=""</sleep>
- "Monticello", home of Thomas Jefferson, is in Charlottesville and only a 45 minute drive away..
- "Grand Caverns" is a large show cave with spectacular shield formations and reflecting pools. 20-25 minutes to the northeast of downtown. 
The Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah Valley National Park's Skyline Drive are nearby. The Park costs $15 per car in May 2011. The Blue Ridge Parkway is free. Great scenic overlooks and stopping points for small historical recreations or hikes.