St Columb Major is a town in Cornwall in England. The designation Major distinguishes it from the smaller settlement and parish of St Columb Minor on the coast.
"Cornish hurling" or "silverball" (Cornish: Hyrlîan) is a medieval game once common throughout Cornwall but now only played in St Columb and St Ives. The St Columb's game takes place first on Pancake Day (moves around in February) and then again on the Saturday eleven days later. The game involves two teams of several hundred people (the 'townsmen' and the 'countrymen') who endeavour to carry a silver ball made of apple wood to goals set roughly two miles (3 km) apart, making the parish the largest pitch for a ball game anywhere in the world.
 Get in
Newquay International Airport is around five minutes away by car.
 Get around
- BioTravel Taxi and Minibus Company 
- St Columba's Church - Patron saint of which the town is named after. Has a fine organ donated by King Charles I and almost became a cathedral instead of Truro.
- St Columba's Well - holy well, 2km out of town
- St Austell's Brewery
- Atlantic Coast Railway Line
- Cornish Birds of Prey Centre
- Cornwall's Crealy Park
- Screech owl sanctuary
- Springfields Fun Park
- The Flowrider - surf simulator at Retallick Park.
Nearby beaches include:
- Constantine Bay Beach - Padstow
- Crantock Beach - near Newquay
- Fistral Beach - Newquay
- Harlyn Bay Beach - Padstow
- Holywell - Newquay
- Lusty Glaze Beach - Newquay
- Mawgan Porth Beach - Newquay
- Polzeath Beach - Wadebridge
- Porthcothan Beach - Polzeath
- Perranporth Beach - Perranporth
- Porth Beach - Newquay
- Rock Beach - near Padstow
- Trevone Bay Beach - near Padstow
- Treyarnon Bay Beach - Padstow
- Watergate Bay Beach - near Newquay
For walking there is an excellent footpath to St Mawgan village through the vale of Lanherne. The path is suitable for all walkers and offers good scenic views and passes through some woodlands at Carnanton.
- Ellery Butchers for Pasties
- Morris Butchers for Pasties
- The Glebe House does teas and cakes.
- The Coaching Inn 'Olde worlde' pub.
- Red Lion A locals pub with live music on Saturdays.
- Ring O' Bells Character pub that has a selection of real ales and has a restaurant for food including Sunday lunches.
- The Silver Ball Family pub, morning coffees available. Occasionally live music. Has a beer garden at the rear.
Although there are no large hotels in the area, there are are a number of self catering and bed and breakfast properties in the St Columb area.
- Middle Cottage
- Pennatillie Farm (b&b)
- The Bungalow
- Trebell Barn
- Tregarthen Barn 
- Trewan farm 
 Get out