St. Helena is in Napa Valley in the Bay Area of California.
Folie à Deux vineyard, St. Helena
From San Francisco:
- Highway 101 North over the Golden Gate Bridge, to Highway 37;
- Highway 37 East towards Vallejo/Napa, to Highway 121;
- Highway 121 North towards Napa to Highway 29 North to St. Helena.
St. Helena is a small town but the wineries are spread out. Driving is recommended but biking can also be fun.
Please do not Drink and Drive Even though you may not feel like you are drinking, it only takes a few wine tastings to be over the legal limit. Be safe and designate a driver or hire a taxi or limo.
- Valley Valet taxi+1(707)942-9009
- Elite Limo +1(707)265-8777
- Silverado Museum, 1490 Library Lane, ☎ +1 707 963-3757, . W-Su Noon-4PM. The largest collection of Robert Louis Stevenson's works outside of Scotland. Eight thousand manuscripts, photos, and letters. edit
- V. Sattui, 1111 White Lane, ☎ Toll free: 1-800-799-2337, . Summer 9AM-6PM, winter 9AM-5PM, closed only on Christmas day.. Tastings cost $5-$10. They also have a wonderful deli and picnic tables. edit
- Charles Krug Winery, 2800 Main St, ☎ +1 (707) 967-2200 Toll Free: 1-888-747-5784. 10:30AM-5PM. This winery is a national historical land mark. edit
- Heitz Cellars, 436 St. Helena Hwy. (Hwy 29), ☎ +1 (707) 963-3542, . 11AM-4:30PM. Enjoy outside seating with views of the vineyards and wine tasting of several vintages and varieties of wines. edit
- Franciscan Oakville Estate, 1178 Galleron Rd, ☎ +1 (707) 963-711 Toll Free: 1-800-529-9463. 10AM-5PM. Taste Franciscan's collection of Classic or Limited Edition wines for $15 per person. edit
- Louis M. Martini Winery, 254 South St. Helena Hwy (Hwy 29), ☎ +1 (707)963-2736, . 11AM-5PM. Cabernet Sauvignon and Italian varietals. edit
- Beringer, 2000 Main St, ☎ +1 (707) 963-4812, . Established in 1873, Beringer is the oldest winery in Napa Valley. Enjoy the history by taking the Vintage Legacy Tour at 11AM ($40) which takes you through the winery and tunnels and includes not only wine tasting but Barrel Tasting. Wine Tasting: $10 3 wine flight.. edit
- Whitehall Lane Winery, 1563 St. Helena Hwy (Hwy 29), ☎ 1-800-963-9454, . 11Am-5PM. This family owned winery specializes in Cabernets. Wine Tasting: $12-25. edit
- Health Spa Napa Valley, 1030 Main Street, ☎ +1 (707) 967-8800, . Relax, indulge and detox at this peaceful spa in St. Helena. Health Spa goes beyond the standard spa treatments, offering private Yoga and Pilates classes as well as fitness assessments. Massage starting at $75, Facials Starting at $120, Body Treatments starting at $120, Private Yoga $85. edit
- Massage Creations, ☎ +1 (707)968-2846, . Let the spa come to you. Massage Creations will bring you the whole spa experience anywhere with in a 45 mile radius of St. Helena. Massage starting at $80. edit
- Meadowood Wellness, 900 Meadowood Ln, ☎ +1 (808) 458-8080. Indulge in a spa treatment and send your husband out for a game of golf. Meadowood Wellness offers spa treatments, croquest, golf, tennis, swimming and hiking. Treatments starting at $135. edit
- Main Street Book Store, 1315 Main St., ☎ +01 (707) 963-1338. Main Street Book Store is a fantastic independent book store int eh heart of St. Helena with a knowledgeable owner that can help you navigate the narrow bookshelves to find the perfect book for you. edit
- Heaven & Earth, 1371 Main St, ☎ +01 (707) 963-1124. High quality cosmetics, beauty supplies and skin care to keep the spa treatment low well after you trip. edit
- Diva Perfume, 1309 Main St., ☎ +01 (707) 963-4057. Exclusive European perfumes and fantastic clothing. edit
- Taylor's Automatic Refresher, 933 Main Street, ☎ +1 (707) 963-3486, . Daily 10:30AM-9PM.. Good, cheap food! American style drive in with 50 decor and great burgers. edit
- Terra Restaurant, 1345 Railroad Av., ☎ +1 (707) 963-8931, . Dinner Mon-Wed. Romantic restaurant with an excellent chef offering a range of innovative dishes. edit
- Wine Spectator Greystone Restaurant, 2555 Main Street, ☎ +1(707)967-1010, . Su–Th: 11:30AM–9PM, F,Sa: 11:30AM–10PM. Restaurant at the Culinary Institute of America offering a fantastic four course meal and impeccable service.Reservations suggested. entrees $20-$30. edit
- Silverado Brewing Company, 3020 St. Helena Hwy., Phone: +1 707 967-9876, . That's right, "home-brewed" ales and stout.
- Silo's Wine Bar & Jazz Club, 530 Main St., ☎ +1 (707) 251-5583. Tues. 4PM-7PM, Wed-Thurs 4PM-7PM, Fri-Sat 4PM-12PM. Sit back and relax to the sounds of local jazz musicians with a glass of wine in your hand. Silo offers desserts named after famous artist and art pieces such as The David and The Picasso, wine by the bottle, glass or flight (three 2oz tasters). Desserts $9, Flights $10 - $15. edit
- El Bonita Motel, 195 Main St, ☎ Toll Free +1 (800) 541-3285. This budget motel is a good way to save a few dollars while enjoying the wine country. Their rooms are basic but the pool and hot tub are a treat after a day of wine tasting. El Bonita would be ideal for those traveling with children, rent a "Homestead" room and enjoy the kitchenette. $99-190 Nov - March, $125-269 March - May, $145-289 May - Nov. edit
- Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer, 1 Main Street, ☎ (707) 963-9463, . An English Tudor lodge with beautifully decorated rooms, serieen gardens and a luxurious spa. Most rooms with fireplaces. $125-359 Off Season, $419-529 High Season. edit
- Hotel St. Helena, 1309 Main St, ☎ +1(707)963-4388, . Reminiscent of old fashion boarding houses. Some rooms have private baths while others share a bathroom down the hall. Call for prices. edit
- The Inn at South Bridge, 1020 Main St, ☎ +1 (707)967-9400. Luxurious rooms with views. Starting at $225. edit
- Meadowood Resort, 900 Meadowood Lane, ☎ Toll free: +1 800-458-8080, . 85 Cottages, suites and lodges forming an exclusive get away with its own gulf course and spa. Suites: $350-3,125 depending on season and size. edit
- Vineyard Country Inn, 201 Main St, ☎ +1(707)963-1000, . A beautiful estate home with cottages in the back, offering 21 suites, swimming pool, jacuzzi and breakfast. Rooms: $185-325. edit
- Wine Country Inn, 1152 Lodi Lane, Phone: +1 707 963-7077, . Perched on a knoll overlooking manicured vineyards, the Wine Country Inn is a romantic B&B offering 24 rooms and five luxury cottages.
- White Sulphur Spring Resort, 3100 White Sulpur Springs Rd, ☎ +1(707)963-8588, . Rural setting west of town along tree-shaded road. Only takes reservations for participants in the Hoffman Process. edit
- Ink House, 1575 St. Helena Highway (Hwy 29), . This 1884 historic landmark hotel combines Victorian elegance and modern facilities in the midst of the Napa Valley's world famous wine growing region. Seven guest bedrooms from $179 + tax. No restaurant, but gourmet breakfast included. edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!