Sreemangal is situated in Moulvibazar district in sylhet division. Sreemangal is an Upazila. It is famous for tea garden. Rain all time occurs here. Nature has adorned sreemangal with green tress. Its natural scenery is very charming. It soothes one’s eyes. Birds are twittering always here. The first tea garden in Bangladesh which names “Malni chho ra tea garden” is here. Only one tea research institute in Bangladesh which name is BTRI (Bangladesh Tea Research Institute) is situated in Sreemangal. The terraced tea gardens, plantations and evergreen hills of sreemangal are wonderful treats for the tourists. On the way, of Sreemangal by bus you’ll see a statue “cha konna” which is stands for welcome you. But if you come in sreemangal by train you’ll miss this statue. When you’ll come near in the tea garden you find the smell of tea leaves. When you’ll reach sreemangal you get many sorts of hotels. Tea Resort & Rest House also available here. After taken rest you can visit tea gardens. After that you can go BTRI, there is Tea factory. You can go “Nilkantha” tea stall near BDR camp here you’ll get seven layers tea which is very uncommon tea in Bangladesh. Don’t forget to visit “Tea museum” in “British karighor” tea resort. Lawasara, Madhabpur Lake is nearest tourist spots near Sreemangal.
Sreemangal Upazila (MOULVI BAZAR district) with an area 450.74 sq km, is bounded by MOULVI BAZAR SADAR upazila on the north, Tripura State (India) on the south, KAMALGANJ upazila on the east, CHUNARUGHAT and BAHUBAL upazilas on the west.
- Bilash (Gopla) river and Hail haor are notable.
- Archaeological heritage Nirmmai Shib Bari (1454 AD), Tamrashasan of Raja Marundanath (11th century, discovered in village Kalapur) and statue of Ananta Naraiyan (discovered during excavation in village Lamua); both the Tamrashasan and the atatue of Ananta Narayan are now preserved in the Calcutta Museum.
Historical events Once Sreemangal was a part of the Tripura State. The great earthquake of 1897 caused a massive change in the physiography of the area.
- Marks of War of Liberation Mass killing site: BDR Camp and the WAPDA office premisses; mass grave: 2 (North Varaura and South Varaura); memorial 1 (North Varaura)
- FairPrice, Maulvibazar Road, Sreemongol. edit
- Grand Sultan Tea Resort & Golf, Grand Sultan Tea Resort & Golf Radhanagar, Srimongal Moulvibazar, Sylhet, Bangladesh, ☎ Tel: +880 862 673000-19, . edit
- Green Valley Guest House, South Baligaon (Boter Thol), Bhanugach (The location marked on Google Maps is wrong. The guest house is opposite HEED Bangladesh hospital (GPS 24.3361, 91.8245)), ☎ +880 171 267 2744 (email@example.com), . Clean rooms and quiet place near Lawachara National Park, 12km from Train/Bus station. A bit far from town, but worth the effort. Earlier housewife for US embassy staff, the very hospitable hostess is familiar with the needs of western travelers. You can be assured that you will get a real home-cooked non spicy food. 3 rooms offered, each with 2DBL beds: non a/c Tk. 1500, a/c Tk. 2500. (24.336594,91.824360) edit
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|