Spencer  is a city of 2,352 people (as of 2000) in West Virginia. It was chartered in 1858 and named for Spencer Roane, a jurist from Virginia.
Spencer is located at the intersection of US-33, between Ripley and Weston, and US-119, north of Charleston.
- Robey Theatre, 318 Main Street, 304-927-1390. The longest continually-operating movie house in the US, opened in 1907 as a vaudeville house and showing movies since 1908. One screen. $5 general admission, $7 balcony.
- Mount Zion Drive-In, WV-16 in Mount Zion, 304-354-9405, . Open during warmer months; movies begin at dusk. Historic drive-in since 1949. Full concession stand serving pizza, fresh hand-pattied burgers, hot dogs, popcorn and frozen custard, with homemade pizza crust and hot dog sauce. Food $1 - $8, admission $6.
- Heritage Park Museum, 207 Court Street, 304-927-1640. Housed in an old Baltimore & Ohio Railroad depot, with late 19th and early 20th century tools, printing press, World War I memorabilia, restored 1920 school house, early 1900s oil derrick, and Baltimore & Ohio caboose.
- Charles Fork Lake, off WV-36, . Fishing, canoeing, and over 25 miles of hiking and biking trails. Hosts the Aquafina Tour de Lake Mountain Bike Race every May.
- West Virginia Black Walnut Festival, 116 Court Street, 304-927-5616, . Held during four days beginning on the second Thursday in October since 1954. The festival was begun when a local farmer sold two million pounds of black walnuts, inspiring the region to cultivate them as a cash crop. Grand parade, kid's parade, art and photography show, competitions, pageant, exhibits and flower show, live music, gospel sing, food booths, carnival.
- Common Cents and Vanity Consignment, 219 Main Street, . Open 10 am to 5 pm Monday through Saturday, and 12 pm to 3 pm most Sundays. One of the largest consignment stores in West Virginia, with over 5,000 square feet. Clothing, household items, antiques, furniture and wallpaper.
- Hughes Jewelery Inc., 144 Main Street, 304-927-1620, . Rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets and mens' jewelery, specializing in diamonds. Watch, clock and jewelery repair.
- Seven Sisters Handcrafted Soaps, 145 Summit Street, 304-927-6922.
- The local newspaper is the Times Record, 210 E Main Street, 304-927-2360, .
- Grandview Family Restaurant, Ripley Road, 304-927-9838.
- Main Street Cafe, 217 Main Street, 304-927-5546.
- Roane Vineyards, Reedyville / Golf Course Road off US-14 near US-33, 304-927-3200, . Hours by appointment; please call ahead. Begun when the owners discovered wild grapes growing on their farm in 1995, now cultivating eight varieties of mostly French-American Hybrid grapes. Fourteen wines available, including plum, raspberry, elderberry and melomel.
- Grandview Motel, 1158 Ripley Road, 304-927-1840.
Bed and Breakfasts
- Cunningham House, 224 Chapman Avenue, 304-927-2022, . 4 rooms. Historic home, built in 1900 and opened as a B&B in 1998. Fireplace, wraparound porch, dining room. $84 - $104.
- Vintage House, 435 W Main Street, 304-927-1883.
- Ripley is about 40 minutes west on US-33.
- Charleston is about 1 hour south on US-119 / I-79.
- Weston is about 1.5 hours east on US-33.
WikiPedia:Spencer, West Virginia