Southern Tasmania is a region of Tasmania, Australia.
Cities & Townships
- Hartz Mountains National Park
- Mt Field National Park
- South Bruny National Park
- South West National Park
- Tasman National Park
See & Do
- Adventure Bay, Bruny Island
- Clifton Beach
- Cloudy Bay Beach, Bruny Island
- Dover Beach
- Kingston Beach
- Long Beach, Sandy Bay
- Opossum Bay, South Arm
- Seven Mile Beach
- Cygnet Folk Festival - Held each January, one of Australia's longest running, medium-sized music festivals. It features a wide variety of music, dance and entertainment from many traditions.
- Dark MOFO - Annual Dark MOFO event of cultural activities led by MONA in conjunction with the Festival of Voices occurring in winter.
- Fall Festival - An annual music festival held at Marions Bay. Dec 29,30,31. Includes comedy performances and arts activities.
- Festival of Voices - The Festival of Voices is an annual midwinter event held at venues in Hobart, featuring four days of vocal celebration, concerts, and workshops.
- Focus on Franklin - Annual community event held in Franklin, includes art exhibition, wine tasting, light show and water parade, market, music and games.
- Forestry Tasmania Derwent Valley Autumn Festival - Annual rural festival centred around two historic sites at New Norfolk.
- Hobart Baroque Festival - A festival of early music (mostly 17th and 18th century), held from during April at the Theatre Royal.
- Hobart Comedy Festival - Annual festival featuring the cream of Tasmanian comedy talent, along with national and international performers.
- MONA FOMA - Music, performance and art festival MONA FOMA (Museum of Old and New Art, Festival of Music and Art), featuring local and international music, and sound and visual artists.
- Moonah Taste of the World Festival - A celebration through food of the rich cultural diversity of Glenorchy City and southern Tasmania.
- Myer Hobart Christmas Pageant - Held late November in the CBD.
- Nayri Niara (Good Spirit) Festival - The Nayri Niara (Good Spirit) Festival is a three-day gathering of music, ceremony, knowledge sharing and arts at Great Bay on Bruny Island.
- Richmond Village Fair - The Fair is a celebration of fine food, entertainment and the arts, held annually.
- Soundscape Festival - The annual Soundscape Festival of live music.
- Streets Alive Youth Arts Festival - A festival of arts from schools and studios to the city streets and spaces.
- Tasmanian Beerfest - Annual event held at Princes Wharf, Hobart, showcasing over 100 boutique and premium beers from around Tasmania, Australia and the world.
- Tasmanian Forest Festival - To celebrate Tasmania's forest industries, tourism, crafts and associated industries, held at Geeveston.
- Taste Festival - Features Tasmania's food and beverage, along with entertainment and cultural activities.
- Taste of the Huon - A celebration of fine food, wine, entertainment, and arts and crafts of the Huon Valley and Channel region, held each March at Ranelagh.
- Ten Days on the Island - Tasmania’s International Arts Festival, a biennial state-wide multi artform festival that celebrates island culture. The festival’s artistic programme features international performers from islands around the world alongside Tasmania's celebrated artists.
- Tiger Trail Festival - Upper Derwent Valley annual festival celebrates and commemorates the Tasmanian tiger.
- Wooden Boat Festival - Biennial festival held at Constitution Dock, Hobart, in celebration of Australia's maritime culture and heritage. The four day event brings together the largest collection of wooden boats in the southern hemisphere.
- Cape Bruny Lighthouse
- Cascades Female Factory
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Port Arthur
- Richmond Gaol
- The Shot Tower
Museums & Galleries
- Royal Tasmanian Museum & Art Gallery
- Russell Falls, Mt Field National Park
- Snug Falls, Snug