Southern Mozambique is a region in Mozambique.
- Gaza province is bordered by Maputo to the south, and Inhambane to the north.
- Inhambane province is bordered by Gaza to the south, and Manica and Sofala to the north. It is famed for its beaches and coconut plantations
- Maputo province is Mozambique's southern most province and is bordered by Swaziland and South Africa to the south and west, and Gaza Province to the north. The capital of Maputo Province is Matola.
- Maputo City is considered a separate entity (essentially a, 11th Province) and is also part of the south.
- Inhambane - a quaint historical town on a bay, opposite Maxixe
- Maputo - the capital and largest city of the country
- Matola - an industrial city of nearly half million people and the capital of Maputo Province
- Maxixe - a bustling city on a bay, opposite Inhambane city and the capital of the Inhambane Province
- Xai-Xai - capital of the Gaza Province, and well-known for its beach, Praia de Xai-Xai
- Bazaruto Archipelago - one of the most beautiful spots on the continent with great diving and some upmarket resorts on deserted islands
- Bilene - Closest popular beach to Maputo accessible by non-4x4 vehicles. Dozens of accommodation options to choose from
- Inhassoro - a coastal beach town, with access to Vilanculos
- Maputo Special Reserve - formerly known as the Maputo Elephant Reserve, the animals in this Reserve a growing rapidly and is becoming a popular day trip from Maputo, or a good stopover place on the way to Ponta D'Ouro
- Tofo Beach - one of the most popular spots in the country with lots of food and accommodation and some of the best scuba diving in Africa
- Vilanculos - another popular vacation spot with good beaches and the gateway to excellent islands and scuba diving in the nearby Bazaruto Archipelago
Beaches are famed for their diving - in the south Ponto do Ouro is the most popular. It is also a good place to go swimming with dolphins. There is also Bilene north of Maputo, and further on Chidenguele. Quissico has some of the most incredible beach views you will see in Mozambique.
Safaris can be taken into the Maputo Special Reserve (formerly the Maputo Elephant Reserve) or up into Limpopo National Park. Neither of these Reserves has the volume of animals as across the border in South Africa but they offer a raw African safari experience.