Southern Indiana is a region of the state of Indiana in the United States.
I-64 heads east-west through southern Indiana connecting New Albany with Illinois.I-65 heads north from Louisville toward Indianapolis. I-265 connects both I-64 and I-65 near New Albany. IN-37 heads from Indianapolis down to I-64. There is a proposed extension of I-69 to expand from Indianapolis to Evansville, however plans are not certain due to enviromental conditions, public outcry and state government disagreements about the effects.
- Greyhound 100 NW 3rd St., Evansville. +1 812 425-0309. 
- Evansville Regional Airport 7801 Bussing Dr. +1 812 421-4401. 
- Amtrak 1012 Easter Ave., Connersville. +1 800 USA-RAIL. 
Festivals and Events
- late April Thunder Over Louisville Clarksville and Jeffersonville.  The opening ceremonies to Louisville, Kentucky's Kentucky Derby Festival. Thunder Over Louisville is the largest annual fireworks show in the country, and the best viewing is along the Indiana shore of the Ohio River. If you plan to get a good seat, prepare to come the day before and camp. In the afternoon, private and military aircraft provide a magnificent airshow. After sunset, the fireworks begin and last nearly half an hour.
- Mid-September Lanesville Heritage Weekend Lanesville.  A fall festival typical of many in southern Indiana. Is similar to a county fair, but later in the year. Local food and crafts are available, while rides and tractor and truck pulls provide entertainment.
- Early-mid October Harvest Homecoming Festival New Albany.  The largest festival in southern Indiana brings participants from miles around. The festivities begin with a Saturday morning parade through the streets of New Albany. THe festival lasts for several weeks, and includes vendor booths downtown and carnival rides.