Southeastern Phuket is a region in Phuket, Thailand.
- Cape Panwa — home to Phuket Aquarium
- Chalong Bay — on the southeast coast, home to Phuket's most popular yacht anchorage and the primary gateway to the islands off Phuket, the road leading to the beach also hosts a large number of bars.
- Rawai — set off point for lots of local islands, popular with locals for eating on the beach
- Nai Harn — Somewhat quieter beach (probably the best) in the south, near Phromthep Cape view point
- Ya Nui - Smaller beach on the way to Nai Harn, a little hard to find, a little less crowded. Good snorkeling on a shallow reef that juts out from the beach.
Basic English much like the rest of Phuket. Any attempts at Thai will be appreciated.
Do yourself a favor and rent and learn to ride a motorbike if you're staying in the are more than a day or three. Otherwise various types of taxis are your best bet, but they're not easy to find.
- Big Buddha - Huge white marble Buddha image visible from much of the island. 45 meters tall and nearly as wide it's one of the larger seated Buddhas in Thailand if not the world. Seated on the highest point on the island it commands spectacular views and is accessible via a fun 6 km drive up the mountain.
Spa and Well Being: Chalong and the Rawai area are rapidly becoming a hub for Spa, Detox and Well Being resorts and establishments. There are presently 6 detox and wellness centers that you may be interested in for a healthy break.
- Senses Detox (Thailand Detox), ☎ 080 695 3933, . A light introductory program to detox and well being carried out in a novel location on board Senses cruiser, located at Chalong Pier and then touring the southern islands for 4 days/nights, Senses promises to magnify the healing benefits of salt water, sun and air joined together with the light detox program they offer. edit
- Atmanjai, ☎ 076 288 996, . An established detox and health resort carrying out a wide range of treatments and programs. edit
- Atsumi Retreat Healing, ☎ 081 272 0571. Fast and Cleansing by Atsumi Healing center in a peaceful and quiet environment. edit
- PhuketFit, 91/26 Moo 6, Viset Road, Rawai Phuket 83130 (near Rawai beach, before Phromthep cape), ☎ 076 289 458, . 9am-9pm. Fitness, weight loss and detox holidays in Phuket, Thailand edit
Muay Thai: This area of Phuket, Chalong and Rawai especially is home to almost a dozen Muay Thai gyms. If you're interested in a one day lesson or a six month training stint it's a good place to look. Two gyms below, but there are at least half a dozen more in a 4 kilometer radius.
- Suwit Muay Thai Camp, 15 moo1 , chaofa road , tumbon chalong, . Somewhat smaller and cozier gym, very family feel.. The gym can host about 40-50 students. Trainers are solid, all of the direct training is 1 on 1. The place is very cheap relative to many gyms and has a lot of perks including a private swimming pool, and a Muay Thai Stadium that hosts weekly matches which students can watch for free. In camp restaurant is very good and affordable. Motorbike rentals are also available to students. 11,000 (fan)-14,500 (A/C) baht per month with lodging, 3000 baht per week, or 9500 per month without lodging. edit
- Tiger Muay Thai, . Much larger gym, caters more heavily to foreigners. Facility is massive and very new. See website for more info. 10,000+ monthly, lodging extra. edit
- Thailand Camp, 91/19 Moo 6, Viset Road, Rawai, Muang Phuket Thailand 83100, Rawai, ภูเก็ต 83100, ☎ 087 471 1351, . 7:00-21:00. Thailand Camp provides Fitness, Detox, Weight Loss & Muay Thai training Holidays in Rawai, Phuket. edit
- SuperCheap, The north east corner of the intersection of route 4021 and Phon Samak. 24 Hours. This is a grocery store that offers the same variety of items found in the local 7-11's but at a discount price (i.e. Large Chiang is 40 THB) edit
Most of the better places to get food are local spots. They tend to be cheaper and better than anything geared towards westerners. However there are several cheap guest house/restaurants along Ta Lat road just off of 4021.
- Tony's Place, (Middle of Ta Lat road, just look for signs.). Open-air restaurant that gets very busy due to the large number of Muay Thai gyms in the area. Prices are affordable, the Thai food is better than the Western food. 40-160 baht. edit
- Momma's, (Middle of Ta Lat, opposite tony's down a little side road, has a sign on the main road.). Open-air restaurant, not too crowded usually. Prices/portions are good, the Thai food is better than the Western food. 40-160 baht. edit
Since you're in this area rather than in Patong, you're already much safer than your alternative options. It's a very safe place in general. Be aware of traffic, exercise common-sense and be aware of swimming conditions if you're here in the off season as they are mostly likely unsafe. The only seedy area of this section of the island is Sunset Road that goes from the Chalong traffic circle to Chalong pier, but it's mostly just harmless bars.