Southborough  is a small town in Massachusetts, about 30 miles West of Boston. Its history dates back into the 1600's as a portion of the town of Marlborough, and its separation in 1727. It was originally a farming community, but the 1800's brought some small industry. In modern days, Southborough is a mostly suburban community of about 10,000.
Take the Massachusetts Turnpike to the Framingham exit onto Rt. 9 West.
The Boston-Worcester Commuter rail stops in Southborough at the corner of Rt. 85 and Southville Rd.
Driving or walking are the only real modes of transportation around the town.
- Sudbury Reservoir, Parmenter Rd.. This reservoir provides the Southborough drinking water. Stop by for shoreline fishing (permit required), hiking, walking trails, bird watching, picnicking, and, in the winter, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
- St. Mark's School, 25 Marlboro Road, Southborough, Massachusetts 01772, ☎ 508-786-6000, . Founded in 1865, this historic Episcopal preparatory boarding school covers almost 250 acres, including a soccer fields, tennis courts, a swimming pool, and running trails. The school's motto is "Age Quad Agis" meaning "Do What You Do." St. Mark's is known for its rivalry with the Groton School and the exceptionally low morale of its students.
- Cordaville Triangle Park, Southville Rd.. This memorial site commemorates the location of the Cordaville Woolen Factory, the largest Southborough factory in the 19th century.
- Presidential Estates, Off of Sears Rd.. A luxury community. Take a walk through the loop (about 1 mile) and see the 6000+ sq. ft. homes.
- Trottier Middle School, 49 Parkerville Rd, . 7AM-4PM. #8 ranked school district in the state, this middle school is one of the best in the state of Massachusetts, it has a long rich history and is one of the great landmarks of Southboro
- St. Mark's Golf Club, 32 Cordaville Rd., ☎ 508-460-0946, . A recently renovated 9-hole public golf course. Includes a small club-house with a pro-shop and snack bar with beer and wine available.
- Nara Luxury MedSpa, 154 Turnpike Road Suite 130, Southborough, ☎ 1 508 480 8883. This spa provides a variety of cosmetic procedures and alternative relaxation therapies in its spa-like surroundings. It has a fireplace, a waterfall, aromatherapy, a Tranquility Lounge with tea and wine, and also a permanent art gallery.
- Founder's Day. This annual festival is held throughout town on Columbus Day Weekend. Food stands, local business tents, and live entertainment contribute to a quaint atmosphere.
- For such a small town, Southborough has a solid selection of options when you're looking to grab a slice.
- Mama Rosa's Pizza, 90 Southville Road, ☎ (508) 624-7100. Proudly advertising the "Best Pizza in the World," this small pizzeria also offers scrumptious subs at reasonable prices. Available for delivery.
- Southborough House of Pizza, 5 Main Street Southborough, MA, ☎ (508) 481-6511, . Located in the town's old firehouse, this pizzeria is a staple of the Southborough downtown. Family owned and operated for over 41 years. Delivery available.
- Eros Gourmet Pizza & Deli, 162 Cordaville Rd (Rt 85, ☎ 508-485-1211. Formerly "Southborough House of Pizza - Station II," this pizzeria has since taken on its own "gourmet" identity.
- Pizza Nineteen, 150 Framingham Rd, Southborough, MA 01772, ☎ (508) 281-0319. A pizzeria known both for its pizza and for its large sandwiches and salads.
- Domino's Pizza, 21-C Turnpike Road, ☎ 508-481-3939. An always reasonable alternative. Family owned and operated.
- Tomasso Trattoria & Enoteca, 154 Turnpike Rd., ☎ 508-481-8484, . Classic upscale Italian dining with a vast wine selection and private dining available.
- Ben's Deli, 5 Turnpike Rd, Southborough, MA 01772, ☎ (508) 481-6044. Delicatessen famous for their tuna sandwich, a local favorite.
- Mauro's Village Cafe Incorporated, (508) 485-8730 2 Main St, Southborough, MA 01772, ☎ (508) 485-8730. Located in the center of town, this diner offers excellent pancakes.
- Rose Garden, 1 Southville Road, ☎ (508) 786-5665. A Chinese restaurant on the border of Southborough and Ashland. Known locally as always having an empty dining room and a crowded bar.
- Owen O'Leary's, 50 Turnpike Road (Route 9 Eastbound), ☎ (508) 481-1714, . An old world style Irish Pub with two full service bars, Keno, pool tables, darts and a game room.
- Red Roof Inn, 367 Turnpike Road, ☎ (508) 481-3904, . A cheap, but comfortable accommodation...and pretty much your only option.