Mount Pelion (also spelt Pelio or Pelium; Greek, Modern: Πήλιο, Ancient/Katharevousa: Πήλιον) forms a hook-like peninsula between the Pagasetic Gulf and the Aegean Sea.
South West Pelion lies on the east coast of the Pagasetic Gulf.
The mountains has just a few trees, as you move souther the environment looks more like typical Greek Island with bare rocks and no trees. Pelion is a tourist attraction throughout the year: the mountain includes trails and sidewalks for walking within small and large beaches with sand or pebbles.
Located near the city of Volos, in the prefecture of Magnesia.
South West Pelion is the area of Pelion which is further away from Volos.
There are frequently buses from Volos to most of the villages in that area.
The only way to get around is from Volos Interurban Bus Terminal ("Yperastiko KTEL") (KTEL Volou).
- Walk along the recognized hiking routes.
There is a good variety of beaches on Pelion. The west side to the Pagasetic Gulf has smaller sandy beaches with calm waters.
- Tissaion (Cafe Bar Snacks), Boulevard (Milina), ☎ 2423065576, . Cafe Bar Tissaion is located at the boulevard of the fishing village Milina and is the perfect setting to relax among green nature and blue sea. Comfortable seats at our outside terrace invite you to find a spot next to the water. The view at the Pagastitic Gulf is one of extreme beauty with mountain scenery and the little islands Trikeri and Prasouda. edit
- Evohia (Restaurant Cafe Bar), Horto, ☎ 2423065248, . Multilateral kitchen based on pure ingredients carefully chosen. Friendly enviroment, nice music. Relax near the river above the sea. edit
The most lively nightlife can found in Milina and Argalasti.
- Hotel 'nicolas', Horto, ☎ 2423065296, . checkin: 13:00; checkout: 12:00. In Horto a small village in South pelion in Greece there is the hotel 'nicolas'. The hotel is placed in a quite bay near the sea with nice sea view of Pagasiticos gulf. Surrounded by the beautiful plants that decorate our garden along with the old-age olive trees. (39 11' 15,23,23 13' 05,93) edit
- Hotel Ikosimo, Odos Miaoulis (37013 Milina), ☎ 2423065217, . In an area where the unlimited blue sea of the Pagasitic Gulf refreshes the eyes and where the grandeur of nature is being expressed at the bright green slopes of the mountainous Pelion peninsula, Hotel Ikosimo seals your stay with precious memories. Self-catering studios and apartments, 40 m from the sea. edit
- Olizon, Milina, ☎ +30 2423065236. Close to a beach edit