Sisimiut  is a town in Western Greenland region of Greenland.
Sisimiut is uniquely situated just 40km north of the Arctic Circle, making it the northern most town in Greenland with an ice-free harbor in the winter months and the southern most town where it is possible to dog sled in the winter and spring.
Sisimiut from the harbor in the summer.
Since the distances are very small, everything is walkable. However, a bus runs every 20 minutes a loop through the town.
The airport is reachable by taxi. Sisimiut is easy to get around on foot. In the winter months, it is possible to ski or take a dog sled around the area.
The Sisimiut Museum features interactive activities and attractions to teach visitors about Inuit culture and colonial times in Greenland. The museums also hosts traditional concerts and visiting exhibitions with Greenlandic influences.
- Taseralik (Cultural center), Postbox 3083, 3911 Sisimiut, Greenland, ☎ +299 86 28 00 (email@example.com), . Sisimiut cultural center. It hosts a café, internet café, cinema, theatre/concert hall and conference room. It also has changing art on display, typically by contemporary greenlandic artists. edit
- Sisimiut museum, Jukkorsuup aqq. 7 Postbox 308, ☎ (+299) 86 25 50, . M-F 10-17, Sat/Sun 13-17. This museum contains mainly archeological artifacts and exhibitions from the region. As well as art and maritime artifacts. Adult kr30, child kr15. Group discounts available. edit
- Sisimiut Sports Center, P.O. Box 27, 3911 Sisimiut, ☎ (+299) 86 43 00 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Sports center used by most locals, tourists are welcome to join. edit
Dog sledding trips from Sisimiut can be arranged at a number of local tourist offices and can last from a couple of hours to several days depending on the route and destination. The 3-day trip to Kangerlussuaq is one of the most popular.
There are many great landscapes around Sisimiut to explore on dogsled. Several tour operators in Sisimiut have schedule and charter snowmobiling excursion options.
There are several great hiking trails on varied terrain near Sisimiut that offer fantastic views of the sea, the ice sheet and the mountains. It is also popular to hike to the abandoned settlement near Sisimiut, Assaqutaq.
Char River Fishing in Sisimiut.
Tourist can organize fishing trips at sea, or in the fresh water rivers up the fjord system. The best time for fishing is in the summer and usually guides will take tourist to the mouths of rivers and lakes where the concentration of fish is the greatest due to the high food supply in these areas.
Arctic Circle Race
The Arctic Circle Race is one of the world’s toughest cross-country ski races. The race first began in 1998. It covers 160km of pristine Greenlandic landscape in 3 days.
- Greenland Travel - Sisimiut, P.O. Box 329, Aqqusinersuaq 86, 3911 Sisimiut, Greenland, ☎ (+299) 86 75 30 (email@example.com), . Offers all inclusive, longer trips (usually 1-2 weeks) priced per person. There are winter and summer tours available as well as cruises. Price average $5500/person. edit
- Narralak, Kunuuteralaap Aqqutaa 6, 3911 Sisimiut, Greenland, ☎ (+299) 86 45 45 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Dog Sledding and Trophy Hunting tours available in Sisimiut, all come with a guide. edit
- JB Outfitter, Kunuuteralaap Aqq. 4, P.O. Box 354, 3911 Sisimiut, Greenland, ☎ (+299) 86 46 24 (email@example.com). Dogsledding, tours, and trophy hunting edit
- WOGAC Sisimiut, Aqqusinersuaq 23, P.O. Box 429, 3911 Sisimiut, Greenland, ☎ (+299) 86 30 00 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Includes whale watching tours, hikes and more intense tours as well as dinners by the sea. DKK175-DKK100+ depending on the type and duration of tours. edit
- Sirius Greenland, P.O. Box 32, 3911 Sisimiut, Greenland, ☎ (+299) 48 67 90, . Offers diving, mini cruises, boat charters and angling tours in the Sisimiut area. Price varies based on tour. edit
- Restaurant Nasaasaaq, Aqqusinersuaq 86, Box 70, ☎ (+299) 86 48 40, . Restaurant located at Hotel Sisimiut, offers breakfast, lunch and a Sunday brunch. Accommodations for up to 125 guests, and renting out the space is an option for larger parties/receptions. DKK85-115. edit
- Hotel Sisimiut, Aqqusinersuaq 86 Box 70, ☎ (+299) 86 48 40 (email@example.com), . Large hotel with bar, lounge, restaurant and conference services. Single room: DKK 1150,- Double room: DKK 1495, - Business Suite: kr 1775, - Hotel Apartment: kr 1775, - Extra bed: DKK 300,-. edit
- Knud Rasmussen Folks High School, Aqqusinersuaq 99, P.O. Box 1008, 3911 Sisimiut, Greenland, ☎ (+299) 86 40 32 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . High School is converted to a hostel in the summer months when classes are not in session. DKK450-755. edit
- Sisimiut Seamens House, Frederik D IX's Plads 5, P.O. Box 1015, 3911 Sisimiut, Greenland, ☎ (+299) 86 41 50 (email@example.com), . This house also has a cafeteria for guests and non-guests. SINGLE ROOM FROM DKK: 895, DOUBLE ROOM FROM DKK:1.220,. edit