Sioux City is located on the western edge of the state of Iowa. It is located on the Missouri River and many parts of Sioux City are located among the unique Loess Hills formations.
Fly in through SUX. There are flights to Chicago and Dallas on American Airlines.
- Trinity Heights, 33rd & Floyd Blvd, ☎ +1 712 239-8670, . 10AM-8PM daily. Giant Jesus and Mary statues made of metal. A life-size wood carving of the Last Supper. Trinity Gardens. Free. edit
- See a show at the Orpheum Theatre. Throughout the years, the Orpheum Theatre has been used for symphony performances, ballet and special attractions and hosted entertainers such as Fred Astaire, Tallulah Bankhead, and Katherine Hepburn. For a number of years the theatre was closed but the Orpheum Theatre was re-opened on September 15, 2001. Since the grand re-opening, the theatre has provided the Siouxland area an opportunity to attend performances by fabulous performers like Bill Cosby, Sheryl Crow, BB King, Bob Dylan, Wynton Marsalis, David Copperfield, Willie Nelson, Jewel, Alison Kraus, Jerry Seinfeld, And "Weird Al" Yankovic. In addition, thousands have witnessed spectacular Broadway shows and enjoyed hearing the Sioux City Symphony.
- Sport activities are located at the new Tyson Event Center.
There are some nice places to shop downtown and the biggest mall is the Southern Hills Mall.Another addition to the shopping area is the new Lakeport Commons area which gives a better variety of stores
- Miles Inn, 2622 Leech Ave., ☎ 712-276-9625. Stop in for Charlie Boy and a Schooner. edit
- Days Inn (Get off at the US 20 exit from I-29 and go east. it will be on your right.
|Routes through Sioux City