The western parts goes into the mountain jungles of the Buona Vista, Commonwealth, Ayer Rajah, NUS and Telok Blangah areas. Further west is the Jurong area.
There are several towns in the western (centre-west/mid-west) part of the Singapore, the aspiring Buona Vista is along the centre edge with Rochester Mall, One Rochester and Holland Village, whereas the Clementi is where Clementi Mall is located.
Southern Ridges connects the two towns of Telok Blangah Hill Park and HortPark.
The East West Line goes all the way from Outram Park, via Tiong Bahru, Redhill, Queenstown, Commonwealth, Buona Vista, Dover and Clementi, and it emerges into the Jurong area.
The Circle Line runs through Telok Blangah, Labrador, West Coast, Ayer Rajah, Holland Village areas.
- NUS Museum, 50 Kent Ridge Crescent, ☎ 6516 8817, . Tue-Fri 1000-1930; Weekends 1000-1800; Closed Mon & Public Holidays. A great little museum with 3 floors of excellent collections of Chinese, Southeast Asian, South Asian, Singaporean and contemporary art. Free. edit
- Delta Sports Complex, 900 Tiong Bahru Road (Redhill MRT), ☎ +65-64719030. 9 AM-8 PM (hours may vary by facility). ClubFITT gym, swimming pool, badminton, hockey and petanque courts. edit
- Skate With Us Skate School West Coast Park, West Coast Park Near Mcdonalds Area 3, ☎ +65 62466362, . Skate With Us offers professional inline skating and holidays camps at West Coast Park every saturday 9am to 12pm. They offer free trial classes every month where you and your children can learn for free with supervision from a professional coach. Summer Camps and June School Holidays Programmes available. edit
- Singapore Tchoukball, West Coast Park/NUS MPSH, . Newly located at West Coast Park, you can organise a game of tchoukball with your friends here in Singapore. Often used by companies for teambuilding activities, tchoukball is a game that promotes character building, discipline and a fun game for you and your friends to bond and make merry! Just rent the equipment for an hour and they have a professional coach that will teach you for free. edit
- Star Vista, 1 Vista Exchange Green (Buona Vista MRT), . A shopping mall in Buona Vista that is heart to the centre with Courts 2.0, Cold Storage, Candy Empire, Four Leaves, Gong Cha, iBake, Nando's and The Manhattan Fish Market. edit
- Clementi Mall, 3155 Commonwealth Avenue West (Clementi MRT), . A shopping mall in Clementi that is home to the same classic style of Ang Mo Kio and Bedok, with NTUC FairPrice sprawling with Popular Bookstore, Clementi Public Library and some others. edit
- Yong Kee Famous Fishball Noodle, #01-121 Blk 6 Jalan Bukit Merah (ABC Brickworks Market) (14 from Alexandra Overground). edit
- Tong Fong Fatt Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice, #01-22 Blk 6 Jalan Bukit Merah (ABC Brickworks Market). It is also the famous chicken rice around the ABC Brickworks Market in Singapore, whereas the Lee Family (Lee Kuan Yew and Lee Hsien Loong) had met the people of the Tong Fong Fatt Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice. edit
- Hwa Soon Bak Kut Teh, #01-4 Blk 6 Jalan Bukit Merah (ABC Brickworks Market). It is also where the bak kut teh is located, that I ate before. edit
- Redhill Lor Duck Rice and Noodles, Blk 85 Redhill Lane #01-79. It had their food that is duck rice and beef noodles in the vicinity. edit
Except for the odd karaoke TV pub, beer at your favorite hawker stall and a few low-key hangouts in expat enclave Holland Village, the north and west of Singapore were long virtually devoid of nightlife. However, since 2006 there has been a veritable boom of colonial black & white bungalows being repurposed into upscale dining and drinking complexes, with areas like Portsdown Rd, Rochester Park and Tanglin Village (Dempsey Rd) now buzzing on weekends.
- Baden-Baden, 42 Lorong Mambong (Holland Village MRT). Mon-Fri 3 PM-midnight, Sat-Sun noon-1 AM. Well known restaurant-pub with German fare. Wood paneling, pork knuckles, German beer and good service. edit
- Klee, 5B Portsdown Road, #01-04 Wessex Estate (191 from Buona Vista MRT), ☎ +65-64796911. Mon-Sat 6 PM-1 AM. A low-key colonial bungalow tucked away in a quiet nook (blink and you'll miss it when driving past), this is a great place for a chilled-out drink with friends. There's no menu, so tell the waiter what you're feeling like, perhaps suggesting an ingredient, and they'll come up with a cocktail just for you, using fresh fruits and herbs. Beware the "Cocktail Nazi" seating arrangements though: you will not be served unless you can snag one of the dozen or so inside seats, with the outdoor terrace allowing wine and beer only. $20. edit
- One Rochester, 1 Rochester Park, ☎ +65-67730070, . 6 PM to 1 AM daily, breakfast from 9 AM on Sundays. Two-floor bungalow with a well-stocked wine bar, a lush outdoor seating area and DJ playing jazz and funky tunes, visiting this feels like crashing a Singaporean house party. $15. edit
- Oosh, 22 Dempsey Rd (Tanglin Village), ☎ +65-64750002, . Noon-2:30 PM, 6 PM-1/2 AM weekdays/weekends. Slick complex divided into no less than nine parts set around a garden, options include an air-con wine cellar and a rooftop lookout with views over the jungle. A great place for drinks, especially when the Latin band is playing, but the food here is forgettable; although, unusually for Singapore, the kitchen does stay open late. $15. edit