Simpang Ampat is a town in Penang.
Exit at Bukit Tambun toll along the North-South Expressway (PLUS)
- Bandar Tasek Mutiara,  is a major township development at Simpang Ampat, along the Tasek road.
- From Batu Kawan, one can board a boat to the nearby Pulau Aman (Aman Island). Pulau Aman is a small island in the Straits of Penang. Dolphins are sighted here.
- Lima Kongsi at nearby Valdor has a small hill popular for morning brief hiking.
- The nearby Batu Kawan stadium is packed whenever there is a football match. In the evening it is the best place to fly kites or play remote controlled cars.
- A shop in Batu Kawan sells the famous Tambun Pia(淡文饼)- a type of local biscuit
- Nearby village of Bukit Tambun and Batu Kawan is famed by its relatively low-price fresh seafood. Many Chinese restaurants are available along the road to the sea.
- Hai Hiang restaurant at the junction towards Bukit Tambun is popular for its seafood.
- Nearby village of Valdor is famous for its charchoal roasted pork.
- Rather nearby town of Sungai Bakap is famous for its chai kuih.
A lot of traditional Chinese Restaurant at Bukit Tambun sell very nice Kari Fish(ikan pari) with rice, black soya sauce pork(tau you bak with egg). A old shop right in front of Fish Village restaurant. Service very nice Curry fish. The shop open at about 6am. You will meet a lot of fisherman come for "ta pao".
There is a nice little budget hotel called JV Hotel which is located near Taman Mas (not Taman Emas or Taman Tiong Mas)
- Through the North-South Expressway(PLUS) at the Bukit Tambun entrance.
- Bus Tickets from Simpang Ampat to other states can be bought at Happy Travel which is the most popular bus ticket agent in town and it is located exactly opposite the Post Office.