Simeria is a town in Hunedoara County, Transylvania, Romania. It is a name derived from the original name of Sânmăria (Saint Mary). It has a population of 13,895 inhabitants.
Simeria is in the west of Romania, in the Mures meadow at its confluence with Strei River, between the Apuseni Mountains and Retezat Mountains.
It is 16 km west of Orastie and 10 km east of Deva, an important railway junction with hump yard. Benefits also of the european road E68 / DN7.
Simeria is on E 68/DN 7 road.
Simeria is an important railway junction  with hump yard. There are train connections with Bucharest, Timisoara,Cluj-Napoca, Arad, Iasi, Constanta and even Budapest.
Simeria is a small town. You can take a walk to see the major objectives.
- Magura Uroiului Natural Reserve, (In the territory of Simeria, access is on the county road DJ 107A Simeria-Rapolt-Geoagiu, 0.5 km from Uroi village). Magura Uroiului is a Miocene age volcanic body in the form of dome. In Roman times worked a quarry from where it has been extracted large amounts of augit, andesite, used for buildings and monuments at Ulpia Traiana, Micia and other settlements in the area. edit
- Arboretum Natural Reserve, 1 Decembrie Street (corner with Biscaria street no.1.). Dendrological Reserve including the oldest and most valuable collection of exotic and native plants of Romania. The reserve stretches over an area of 70 hectares making it the 3rd in Europe and 11th place in the world. The park was created in 1700 around Gyulai Castle (later Oczkay Castle). edit
- Vila Dolce Vita, Str. I. Creanga Nr. 21, ☎ +40254 262211, . Offers its guests four matrimonial rooms and one single room. Each room has free Internet connection, satellite TV, air conditioning, value safe, minibar, bathroom with shower and tub, bidet, hair dryer. edit
- Pensiunea Complex Turistic Strei 3***, Str. Principala, Nr. 133, Simeria Veche, ☎ +40254 / 260 581. It consists of three villas: Carmen, Anne and Mary and will provide 45 accommodation places, distributed in single, double rooms and suites. The rooms are equipped with cable TV, telephone and Internet. edit
- Pensiunea Dorr 2**, Str. Biscaria, Nr.90, ☎ +40254.261.316, . edit
Area code is 254 for Romtelecom and 354 for RDS. If you dial from Romania you must dial 0254(0354) and if you dial from abroad you must dial +40254(+40354)
- Deva .10 km away from Simeria.Visit Deva Fortress.
- Orastie.16 km away from Simeria.Visit the Dacian Fortresses of the Orastie Mountains.
- Hunedoara.25 km away from Simeria.Visit Corvinestilor Castle.
- Hateg.31 km away from Simeria.Visit Prislop Monastery,Densus Church,Colt Church and Citadel.
- Petrosani.81 km away from Simeria.Go skiing in Parang and Straja.