|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
Sierra Vista is a city in Cochise County in Southeast Arizona, and the commercial hub of southeast Arizona. While there are not many sights within the city itself, it is a good base from which to explore the surrounding region.
Tucson International Airport (IATA: TUS), 7250 S Tucson Blvd, ☎ +1 520 573-8000, . Served by a number of airlines.
The Sierra Vista Municipal Airport (401 Giulio Cesare Ave, tel. 520-458-5775) does not currently serve commercial flights, although in the past service was available to Tucson and to Phoenix.
By shuttle bus
The following shuttle bus companies offer transportation to and from Tucson International Airport.
- Three Canyons Transit Company , tel. 520-803-6713.
- Huachuca Shuttle & Taxi , tel. 520-439-0439.
- Arizona World Shuttle Express tel. 520-458-3330.
- Transportation Express Shuttle tel. 520-459-7778.
Take I-10 heading south of Tucson or west from Silver City, NM, then head south on Hwy 90.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car , 743 E Fry Blvd., tel. 800-736-8222, 520-458-2425.
- Dollar Rent-A-Car , 101 Coronado Dr. Ste. B, tel. 800-800-4000, 520-515-0000.
- By bus: Vista Transit Center, 401 Giulio Cesare Ave., tel. 520-417-4888.
- Ramsey Canyon Preserve, 27 E Ramsey Canyon Rd, ☎ 520-378-2785, . 8am-5pm Th-M. More than 170 species of birds have been found here, including 14 species of hummingbirds. The best time to visit is between April and September. $5; $3 for members and Cochise County residents.
- Brown Canyon Ranch, (off of Ramsey Canyon Rd), . Dawn to dusk, daily. A historic century-old ranch in the foothills of the Huachuca Mountains, with a few easy hiking trails. Free.
- Fort Huachuca, (Main Gate at the west end of Fry Blvd; visitors must show ID and proof of auto registration and insurance). An active military installation, the fort played a pivotal role in the Apache Wars of the late 19th century. Sights include the Fort Huachuca Museum  (Bldg 41401, Mon-Sat 9am-4pm); the US Army Intelligence Museum (Bldg 41411); the Old Post Cemetery; and Reservoir Hill Overlook, which has good views over the Fort and the neighboring Whetstone Mountains. Free.
- Arizona Folklore Preserve, 56 E. Folklore Trail (From Hwy. 92, take Ramsey Canyon Rd west 3.3 miles), ☎ 520-417-6960, 520-378-6165, . Doors open at 1pm, show starts at 2pm. The Arizona Folklore Preserve features outstanding musicians in concert every Saturday and Sunday. $15 (adults).
- San Pedro Riparian National Conservation Area, 1763 Paseo San Luis, ☎ 520-439-6400, . Dawn to dusk. The area provides opportunities for birdwatching, camping, hunting, hiking, fishing, biking and horseback riding. Free.
- Bird watching. Various locations in the Huachuca Mountains offer excellent opportunities for seeing birds as well as wildlife. SABO (Southeast Arizona Bird Observatory)  and the Huachuca Audubon Society  offer guided walks and tours throughout the area.
- Stargazing, P.O. Box 922, ☎ 520-366-0049, . Enjoy sharing the boundless dark skies of Sierra Vista. The Huachuca Astronomy Club hosts public events, both at the Patterson Observatory (University of Arizona Sierra Vista campus) and at other outdoor locations. Free.
- Hiking, . The Huachuca Mountains are part of the Coronado National Forest, and have many great trails to challenge both the novice and expert hiker. Maps and trail information can be obtained from the Sierra Vista Ranger District office (5990 S Highway 92, tel. 520-378-0311). The guide book 'Trails of the Huachucas' by Leonard Taylor is an excellent resource, available from Amazon or from Hastings Books on Fry Blvd. The Monday Hikers and Tuesday Hikers clubs  (tel. 520-417-6960) meet weekly, hiking locations vary.
- Cycling, . The region has many excellent routes and trails for both road and mountain bikes. Bicycles can be rented from M&M Cycling  (1301 E Fry Blvd, tel. 520-458-1316), and from Sun'n Spokes  (156 E. Fry Blvd, tel. 520-458-0685).
- Hang gliding, Carr Canyon Rd, S Hwy 92 (Huachuca Mountains). Carr Reef, the large cliff face overlooking Carr Canyon, is a popular jumpoff point for hang gliders.
- Swimming, 2900 Martin Luther King Jr Parkway, ☎ 520-417-4800, . Hours vary by season. The Sierra Vista Aquatic Center ('The Cove') is a 36,500 sq ft facility hosting a wave pool, water therapy pool, diving pool, and water slides. Good for hot summer days. $6 (adults), $4 (kids).
- University of Arizona South, . A regional branch of Tucson's University of Arizona.
- Cochise College, . Multicampus, two-year college system with branches in Sierra Vista, Willcox, Benson, and Douglas.
- Crafted Luxuries, 108 El Camino Real, ☎ 520-439-4487. 10am-5pm. Custom made jewelry, candles, artwork and special order gift items.
- Dillards, 3800 El Mercado Loop, ☎ 520-515-0151. Clothing Department Store
- Lion's Club Swap Meet, 5801 E Hwy 90, ☎ 520-378-1399, . 6am-dusk Sat, 6am-3pm Sun. A good place to find curiosities and collectibles, with food vendors as well. The best time to come is Saturday morning.
- Texas Roadhouse, 2075 El Mercado Loop, ☎ (520) 459-7400. 4pm-10pm. Home of the famous fall off the bone ribs.
- La Casita, 465 E Fry Blvd., (520) 458-2376. A busy place known for excellent margaritas and Mexican food.
- Vinny's New York Pizza, 1977 S Frontage Rd, ☎ 520-459-2315. 11am-9pm. The most popular pizza place in Sierra Vista.
- The German Cafe, 1805 Paseo San Luis, ☎ 520-456-1705. T-Fr 11am-9pm, Sa 12pm-9pm. Excellent, authentic German food.
- Rodolfo's Taco Shop, 862 E Fry Blvd, ☎ 520-439-4000. Cheap, fast, authentic Mexican food, featuring tacos, burritos, and carne asada.
- Rendezvous Nightclub, 40 Avenida Escuela, ☎ 520-458-2902. Open Wed-Sat 8pm-2am Closed Sun-Tues
- Suburban Extended Stay, 1850 E. Wilcox Drive, ☎ (520) 458-0540, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12pm. This hotel offers free high-speed Internet access, free coffee and an exercise room. It also has fully equipped kitchens in every room -- range, oven, microwave, large refrigerator, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker,iron and ironing board. It's also pet-friendly, so you can bring your dog or cat to stay with you! Perfect for business travelers. They also have a lot of special entertainment packages for their guests - golf, swimming, date nights, movie nights, etc.
- Windemere Hotel & Conference Center, 2047 S Hwy 92, ☎ 520-459-5900, 800-825-4656, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1902 S Hwy 92, ☎ 520-439-8800, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12pm.
- Sierra Vista Visitor Center , 3020 E Tacoma St (in the Oscar Yrun Community Center), tel. 520-417-6960, 800-288-3861, M-F 8am-5pm, Sat 9am-4pm.
- Sierra Vista Public Library , 2600 E Tacoma St, tel. 520-458-4225, T-Th 10am-7pm, Fr-S 10am-6pm, Su-M 12pm-5pm. Computers available, free wi-fi access everywhere in the building during opening hours.