Sidney is a town in British Columbia, Canada, and is located north of the province's capital, Victoria, on Vancouver Island.
- Gulf Islands National Park Reserve(GINPR). McDonald Campground off of the Pat Bay Highway is an excellent base of operations for exploring nearby Sidney and the Southern Gulf Islands. Campsite reservations can be made by calling 1-877-737-3783.Sidney Spit on Sidney Island is accessible by a privately-operated ferry (please call 1-866-944-1744 for more information) and features beautiful sand beaches and several easy walking trails from the main boat dock. Sidney Spit also offers incredible opportunities for bird watching, as Sidney Island is a popular stop-over for migrating shorebirds. Visitors who wish to camp at Sidney Spit must be registered at a designated campsite before the last ferry leaves the island for the day. Please note that while there is water available on Sidney Spit, it contains high levels of sodium and may not be suitable for people with heart or kidney ailments. Other "Gulf Islands National Park Reserve" properties on Saturna, Mayne and Pender Islands can be accessed by BC Ferries , while the smaller islands of D'Arcy, Isle-de-Lis (Rum Island), Princess Margaret (Portland Island), Prevost, Russell, Cabbage and Tumbo can be best accessed by private watercraft or marine charter .
- Fisherman's Wharf, End of Beacon Avenue (go east on Beacon avenue to the end). edit
- Emerald Sea Adventures, 9807 Seaport Place (in the Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa), ☎ 250.893.6722, . This is whale watching and wildlife tours where you can see killer whales, humpback whales, porpoise, seals and bald eagles from our twelve passenger zodiac style boats with private onboard washrooms. Experienced local certified captains. (48 38.97 N,123 23.78 W) edit
- Cameron Rose, Beacon Avenue (1/2 down on the right). A great store for women. edit
- Emerald Sea Treasures, 9807 Seaport Place, . Gift shop full of local artisan pottery, woodwork, jewellry, paintings, photos and glassware. Inspired by the beauty of our local marine life. edit edit
- Sabhai Thai Restaurant, Beacon Avenue (3/4 down Beacon Avenue on right). Wonderful Thai Restaurant - busy may require reservations. Not expensive but great flavour. edit
- Maria's Souvlaki, 9812 Second Street, Sidney, BC V8L 3C6, ☎ 250-656-9944. Great Greek restaurant/cafe! Delicious souvlaki! It is inexpensive. edit
- Fish on Fifth, 9812 5th Street (Beacon at Fifth), ☎ (250) 656-4022, . Very popular for fish and chips. Great Food and good value. edit
- Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Motor Inn Hotel, 2306 Beacon Avenue, Sidney, British Columbia, CA, V8L 1X2, ☎ 250-656-4441, . Convenient location to BC Ferries, Washington State Ferry Terminal, Victoria International Airport, and Greater Victoria Area. edit
Sidney's main ferry terminal at Swartz Bay runs frequent service  to the Lower Mainland and the Southern Gulf Islands. The ferries themselves are attractions as well — on the Tsawwassen (Vancouver) route, the twin vessels Spirit of Vancouver Island and Spirit of British Columbia are the largest passenger ferries in North America.
At a second terminal further south, Washington State runs regular ferry service  between Sidney and Anacortes, with some runs additionally stopping in the San Juan Islands. The service does not run in winter.
wts:Category:Sidney (British Columbia)
WikiPedia:Sidney, British Columbia