Shivpuri is a city in Madhya Pradesh in India.
It should not be confused with the Shivpuri that is the hub for many adventure sports like river rafting, camping and trekking that is only 10 km away from Rishikesh in northern India.
Well connected to cities like Delhi (400 km), Gwalior (100 km), Bhopal (300 km), Indore (400 km)
Well connected to cities like Delhi (400 km), Gwalior (100 km), Bhopal (300 km), Indore (400 km), Jhansi (100 km)
Shivpuri has a airport with a flying training school, however there are no regular passenger flights. Nearest airport is Gwalior, which is 100 km away.
Shivpuri is a very exciting place, it was the summer capital of Scindia dynasty. It is famous for its National park, wildlife century, Fort, Chattris and natural springs.
- Madhav National Park. Madhav National Park lies between Agra-Bombay road and Jhansi-Shivpuri Road. It is spread over an area of 157.58 Sq. Kms. A drive through the park watching animals is very exhilarating experience. The Park is haven for wildlife and wildlife – buffs. The park remains open throughout the year and boasts of large numbers of chinkara, Indian gazelle and chital. The nilgai, sambar, chausingha, blackbuck, sloth bear, leopard and the common langur are the other inhabitants of the sprawling park. The national park is equally rich in bird life; Chandpata, the artificial lake, is the winter abode of migratory geese, pochard, pintail, teal, mallard and gadwall. Other residents include the cormorant, laggar falcon, paradise flycatcher and golden oriole. Loud cracking notes of whitebrested kingfisher flying past,harsh crocking of grey heron or quacking of spotbill duck and numerous lesser whistling teals resting at the bank of lack with a leg tucked away and head folded back in to the body; and cheetal grazing here or nilgiri browsing there in the forest, add to the charm.The dynamism of the dry deciduous forest at the Park is unbelievable. Soothing lush green, impenetrable vegetation all over during the monsoon wither to desolate brown and Grey in summer, It nevertheless remains full of life Indeed, Madhav National Park is an oasis in the midest of habitation and cultivation. edit
- Son Chiraiya Bird Century. Famous for Golden Bird. edit
- Scindhia Chhatris. Shivpuri is famous for graceful,intricately embellishedMarble chhatries (cenotaphs) erected by Scindia Princes. Set in an elaborate Mughal Garden, are the cenotaphs, the royal Chhatries dedicated to Scindias. Facing each other across a water tank are the Chhatries of Madhav Rao Scindia and dowager queen Maharani Sakhya Raje Scindia, in a delighful fusion of Hindu and Islamic architectural styles, with their shikhara – type spires and Rajput and Mughal pavilions. Ceremonially attired retainers, with flowers and incense tend to both cenotaph house life-size images of the Scindias, and these religiously, daily. edit
- Bhura Kho. Natural spring which is a picnic spot. edit
- Bhadaiya kund. Man-made spring and a picnic spot.Very famous place in shivpuri. edit
- Narwar Fort. 9th century fort famous for the love story of king Nal and queen Damyanti. edit
- Tourist Village. Three star hotel with very good facilities and decent food. edit