Shasta Lake City is a city in Shasta County in the Shasta Cascades region of California.
- There is an express route from the RABA (Redding Area Bus Authority) downtown terminal in Redding, 777 Cypress Ave., Phone: +1 530 225-4170, Phone (express routes information only): +1 530 241-2877, Phone (express routes information only, toll-free): +1 800 803-7222, Email: , .
- If you don't want to take a bus, drive. California State Route 151 goes north from Redding to here.
Walking and driving are the main means of transport.
- Shasta Lake This lake is fairly crowded, and for good reason. It has many inlets, including the North Sacramento River, the McCloud River, the Pit River, and some creeks. The one outlet is the Lower Sacramento River, which makes that river to the south of the lake so huge (in width). It is best to go in the fall.
- Shasta Dam, 16349 Shasta Dam Blvd., Phone: +1 530 275-1554. This is the second largest dam in the U.S. (and the dam with the world's greatest overflow spillway) , and provides electricity to the majority of the North Central Valley, and flood protection to the whole Central Valley. It is worth visiting just to enjoy the view from the top, but is not for acrophobes. The contact information is below:
- Shasta Lake Cavern, 20359 Shasta Caverns Road Lakehead, CA 96051. The 2-hour tour begins with a scenic boat ride on the lake and you will have to climb up a few steps in the cavern, so wear comfortable shoes. Check out their website for tour times, which runs 3 times daily during winter and more frequent during summer. Full price is ~24 for adults. You maybe able to find coupons online too. Arrive at least 10 mins before tour starts as you will have to go down a few freights of stairs to get on the boat. edit
Shasta Lake is the center of activity for this place. All kinds of watersports go on here, including a lot of houseboating.
- Bridge Bay Resort, 10300 Bridge Bay Rd., Phone: +1 530 275-3021, (toll-free): +1 800 752-9669, . For those seeking something more tourist oriented, a complex consisting of a marina, a restaurant, a motel, and a general store. The contact info for Bridge Bay Resort is below:
- Invert Sports, 888-205-7119,  If you are looking for luxury vacation rentals and guided watercraft tours including; boats, jet skis, waverunners, houseboats, stand up paddle boards, wakeboards, water skis, water trampolines, other water toys, water sport lessons, and private tours at all Lake Shasta Marinas.
There are no major shopping areas in Shasta Lake City.
- Tail O' the Whale, from Bridge Bay Resort (listed above), follow the signs that say "restaurant". Contact Info: Same as Bridge Bay Resort.
The only listed accommodation is Bridge Bay Resort, above.
|Routes through Shasta Lake
WikiPedia:Shasta Lake, California