The Shasta Cascades region of California includes the northeast corner of the state, home to volcanoes, lush forests, high mountains, and clear lakes.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park - On May 22, 1915, an explosive eruption at Lassen Peak, the southernmost active volcano in the Cascade Range, devastated nearby areas and rained volcanic ash as far away as 200 miles to the east. This explosion was the most powerful in a 1914-17 series of eruptions that were the most recent to occur in the Cascades prior to the 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens.
- Lava Beds National Monument - Land of turmoil, both geological and historical.
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area - Park’s features include: Whiskeytown Lake, Shasta Bally (6,209 ft.) and numerous waterfalls, providing outdoor enthusiasts opportunities for water recreation, hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding.
One Amtrak train service travels through the Cascades region. The Coast Starlight  running between Los Angeles and Seattle, Washington, stops in the Cascades towns of Chico, Redding, and Dunsmuir in California and Klamath Falls and Chemult in Oregon.
- Greyhound, RABA Station@1530 Yuba St, Redding, CA 96001 (Along Yuba St between Oregon & California St in downtown. Next to Amtrak station), ☎ +1 530-241-2070, . Greyhound buses traveling along Interstate 5 between Sacramento and Portland stop in Chico, Red Bluff, Redding, and Weed in California and Medford, Grants Pass, and Roseburg in Oregon. edit
- Sage Stage, 111 W North St; Alturas, CA 96101 (base address), ☎ +1 530 233-3744, . from Rite Aid @ 5th & N Main St in Alturas they run buses up to Klamath Fall, OR; down to Reno via Susanville and over to Redding. Passengers transfer between their buses in Alturas and to/from Greyhound buses in Redding and Reno depending on where they're going. edit
Redding/Red Bluff and Medford areas are served by United Express and Horizon Air. Chico and Klamath Falls, OR have United Express.
The Modoc County Museum, in Alturas, is a unique museum, noted for their artifacts and photos of the county.
Redding is home to Turtle Bay Exploration Park. Within this park, are several attractions. One of them is the one-of-a-kind Sundial Bridge, which has a real sundial on it. It is built for foot traffic, only. In other words, the bridge is not open to vehicle traffic.