Shannon is a town located in the Horowhenua region
of the lower North Island.
It is on SH 57 Between Levin and Palmerston North
By car or bus
By car or on foot
- Owlcatraz Native bird and wildlife park, Main South rd (SH57) Shannon (New Zealand)
- Big Snow the Giant white steer.
- New Zealand owl the Morepork, or Ruru. Meet Owlie Macpherson, Owl capone and Owlvis Presley.
- Mangahao Hydroelectric Power Station and Dams,
- Poutu Marae
- Go Canoeing at the Mangahao white Water park 300m slalom course in Shannon,
- Visit the Mangahao Dam's by Trail Bike,
- Play Golf at the Shannon Golf Course
- Take a Break from drivng and have lunch or a snack at the local Cafe or tea rooms
Drink at the Club Hotel
Budget accommodation is avaliable at the Hotel.
- Club Hotel, Ballance St, Shannon Ph 06 3627 800