Lu Xun Park is a large and popular green space for both respite and fun
Hongkou is on the northeast side of Shanghai. The district is most known for Hongkou Stadium, Shanghai University's campus and Lu Xun Park.
The district is served by Metro Lines 3, 4, and 8.
DuoLun Road - Duolun Road (simplified Chinese: 多伦路; traditional Chinese: 多倫路; pinyin: Duōlún Lù), formerly Darroch Road (窦乐安路; 竇樂安路), is a historic street in Shanghai, China.
Located at 29 Shajing Lu, near Hailun Road, 1933 Shanghai (上海1933老场坊) was built amidst the vibrant urban landscape of pre-communist Shanghai. Designed originally by British architects, and built in 1933 by Chinese developers, the building was originally intended for use as a slaughterhouse but served a number of purposes over the years from medicine factory, cold storage facility, to its current incarnation as a ‘commercial hub for creative industries’. And this is the last one left such built out of 3, one in London and one in US, but they are demolished by now.
The building was commissioned by the then Shanghai Municipal Council with the high-quality cement aggregate required to support the load-bearing needs of the building was imported from the Portsmouth area of the UK. After being abandoned and falling into disrepair the building was extensive restoration in 2008. Built around a central atrium, which served as the abattoir’s workshops, each floor is connected to an outer shell by a series of interlocking ramps, bridges, and spiral staircases which were designed to control the flow of both people and cattle being processed through the building.
- Lu Xun Park, (Metro: Line 3 Hongkou Stadium). This park provides a quiet spot for reading, meditation, and exercising, yet on the eastern side are plenty of rides small kids would enjoy and a lake with boats for rent. Lu Xun is buried here and has both a memorial statue and clock in his honor. Free, boats and rides extra. edit
DuoLun Road From the front gate of Luxun Park head straight down North Sichuan Road (Chinese: 四川北路; pinyin: Sìchuān Běi Lù) directly in front. Duolun Road is located at the end of this road where it splits into a T-Junction. There are a lot of nice cafes to relax in or outside of, a shop that sells lots of historic Shanghai antiques and the modern art museum.
- Sleeping Dragon Hostel (上海歇龙国际青年旅社), 舟山路394，虹口区，上海 (Metro Line 4 Lingpin Rd), ☎ +86 21-65351562 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Youth hostel rooms and showers are very clean. There is a street market just outside of the hostel. The hostel is in a traditional Chinese area of Shanghai with a Jewish history from the early 20th century. Services, available in English, include travel planning, plane and train ticket booking. No curfew, laundry, reasonably priced drinks, books and DVDs for borrow, international calls from the front desk, free internet, CD/CVD burning, free breakfast and additional menu for other food. ¥55, privates ¥75-180. edit
- Jiu Long Hotel Jin Jiang, 601 Liyang Rd, ☎ reservations +86 21-61226688 Ext. 7800, . The location is great to explore Shanghai’s cultural treasures and other places of interest. Shopaholics will be thrilled to know that this hotel is adjacent to an 8-story shopping mall. edit
- New Asia Hotel Jin Jiang, 422 Tiantong Rd, ☎ +86 21-63242210, . Offers 328 guestrooms, all of which have air-conditioning, satellite TV with in-room movies, and high-speed Internet. Some of its amenities include sauna, health/fitness center, and massage service. Best rates on official website start at ¥228+. edit
- The Panorama Shanghai (上海海湾大厦), 53 Huangpu Rd, ☎ +86 21-53930008 (email@example.com, fax: +86 21-53930009), . Close to Waibaidu Bridge, on the Huangpu River. From ¥330. edit
- Shanghai Yinbo Hotel, 135 Tiantong Rd, ☎ +86 21-63566288, . Three-star hotel situated near Shanghai’s city conveniences and popular landmarks. It offers cozy accommodations and friendly service. edit
- Swan Hotel, 2211 N Sichuan Rd, ☎ +86 21-56665666, . 3-star hotel 18 km away from Hongqiao Airport and is located near the Shanghai Railway Station, The Bund, and The People’s Square. All rooms are air-conditioned and feature high-speed Internet access, cable TV, safe, and IDD telephone. It also houses the conference rooms that can accommodate up to 100 persons, and nine restaurants. edit
- Grand Mercure Baolong Hotel Shanghai (上海宝隆美爵酒店), 180 Yixian Rd, ☎ +86 21-35059666 (toll free: +400 8182688 reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +86 21-56632710), . Close to major shopping areas, points of interest and cultural centres, including local attractions such as Lu Xun Park, historic Duolun Rd and Fudan University. edit