Seremban is the state capital of Negeri Sembilan, on the west coast of peninsular Malaysia.
The state name Negeri Sembilan refers to nine counties which are divided politically, and governed with a degree of autonomy. The figure heads for each region are chosen from the indigenous tribe that predate the arrival of the Minang, however the Minang architectural influences remain in much of the public state architecture.
Buses from Thailand, Singapore & other towns of Malaysia stop at the "Terminal One" bus station at the town center. There are also buses from here linking other towns within
Negri Sembilan state. There happens to be a shopping mall by the same name linked to this bus station.
The nearest airport to Seremban is the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), about 30 minutes drive away. In fact, KLIA is nearer to Seremban than Kuala Lumpur!
The old trunk road (Federal Route 1) links Seremban to other towns/cities in Malaysia.
The faster alternative is the North-South Expressway (NSE). The nearest exit is no. 218 (Seremban). Seremban is approximately 3 hours drive (non-stop)- 265km from Johor Baru and 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur, using the NSE.
Seremban is on the main railway line linking Kuala Lumpur and Johor Baru. The railway station is located roughly at the town center.
Driving around Seremban is quite tough during the day with constant streams of busy traffic but not as bad as Kuala Lumpur or Penang Island due its volume. Traffic gets less busy away from the Seremban and Port Dickson toll plazas (towards Seremban 2)and Lake Gardens (Taman Tasik). Roads that should be avoided during peak hour include Jalan Tuanku Antah (Main road to Senawang), Jalan Rasah (main road to Port Dickson toll plaza), Jalan Sungai Ujong (main road to Seremban toll plaza)as well as the main city centre itself.
Seremban is pedestrian-hostile to some extent. Drivers in the town also tend to drive fast and many do not give way to pedestrians even when there is a crosswalk. However, walking around the town is still easier than Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bharu beacuse of the smaller traffic volume here.
Cycling around in Seremban is highly not recommended due to increasing of traffic these days. Drivers do not give way or care about the safety of cyclists. There are no bus and bicycle lane in Seremban.
- Visit State Museum (Muzium Negeri Sembilan) in Jalan Sungai Ujong to see a collection of history of Negeri Sembilan.
- There is also has local art complex in Seremban such as Cultural Handicraft Complex & Minangkabau House in Jalan Sungai Ujong
- Two zoos in Seremban such as Seremban Animal Park near Taman Setia Jaya; Mini Zoo near Taman Jiboi
- Samuel Clinic, city center (just get in a cab and mention the name of the clinic, all the locals know where it is.). Owned by a 3rd Generation Doctor i think. Recommended by a local to me. Extremely friendly and kind, but most of all very cheap and effective. spent less than 5 euro for consultation and medicine and got my stomach upset sorted. +/- 5 EURO. edit
Apart from shopping complexes, Seremban has designated numerous zones in the city to market locally manufactured products such as antiques, textiles, fabrics and handicrafts.
- Sungai Ujong Walk a market located in Jalan Dr. Murugesu
- There is also a flea market in Jalan Utam Singh
- Seremban Parade, a shopping mall located in Bandar Seremban. It has various kind of shops and western-style department store, Parkson
- Terminal 1, , located in Jalan Lintang, Bandar Seremban. It has 3 anchor tenants namely Parkson Grand, Giant Hypermarket and Golden Screen Cinemas, which features 4 screens. Parkson Grand serves as a departmental store while shoppers can shop for groceries in Giant Hypermarket. It also house a Popular bookstore. Hundred handphone shops.
- Centre Point, located in Jalan Dato Muda Linggi. It has various kind of shops & western-style department store, The Store
- Plaza Ampangan, , located in Jalan Ampangan.
- AEON Jusco Seremban 2, , a shopping mall located in Seremban 2. It has more than 20 shops & western-style department store, Jusco.
- Era Square, , in Taman Sri Kaya, near to Bandar Seremban. A multi-purpose commercial centre with more than 18 shops & 12 restaurants.
- There is also some hypermarkets in Seremban such as Carrefour in Seremban Forest Heights; Tesco Extra near Seremban 2; Giant hypermarket in Senawang & in Plaza Ampangan
- Tow Kee Hakka noodles 滔记客家麵, 94 Jalan Kapitan Tam Yeong, Phone: +60 6 761 6638. Existed in Seremban since 1930s. Home-made flat noodles come with minced pork in a thick clear sauce.
- Seremban Siew PauA special delicacy here called the 'Siew Pau'. It is a type of baked bun which is must-have by those who visit this town. The filling inside is usually minced pork.</eat>
- Sin Yee Kee, Store number 748. Famous beef noodles at store no 748, 1st floor of Seremban Centre Market edit
- Restoran Asia, 364, Jalan Tok Ungku, 70100 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan.. Good curry laksa with chicken. The coconut-based broth is flavoursome and rich. For kids who do not eat spicy stuff, they do a good "kon lo loh shu fan" (rat tail noodles with pork mince) (2.702364,101.953962) edit
- Empayar Seremban Siew Pow, Taman Bukit Kepayang. Chinese Food. Special Tofu with Mushroom & Vegetables, Salt Baked Chicken, crabs with salted eggs. edit
cendol:haji sharif cendol is the best.
- Spanish Villa, JLN bunga raya 19, Taman Tasik Jaya (Senawang), ☎ 066797448. edit
Lotus hotel seremban,
NO:1, Jln Toman 2,
- Klana Resort Seremban, Jalan Penghulu Cantik
Phone: +60 6 7627888; 
- The Shorea (Resort Hotel), Kampung Kolam Air, Mukim Pantai, (by LEKAS highway, exit at Jelebu. by North-South highway, exit at Senawang), ☎ (+6)0173385698 (whatsapp) (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12 noon. Boutique resort hotel near the forest reserve. The Shorea is an architect’s family retreat, built within in a tropical forest reserve. Its secluded villas are set on natural terrains, with meandering paths leading down to a jungle stream, a waterfall within the Berembun Forest Reserve; it is the ultimate forest getaway. Each villa has a fully equipped kitchen. Activities include jungle trekking, massage, etc. Nearby activities are horse riding and ostrich farm. The resort offers a chargeable airport transfer service upon request. Rm550. (2.801593,102.015846) edit\
- Royale Bintang Resort & Spa, Jalan Dato A S Dawood. Phone: +60 6 7666999; 
- Hotel Rasah Seremban (芙蓉-瑞莎酒店), 1448, Jalan Rasah, 70300 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, ☎ +606-762-9464, . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12pm. Hotel Rasah Seremban - Right next to the Old Town of Seremban. Hotel offers free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. It has a 24-hour front desk. All rooms come with a flat-screen TV with ASTRO Satelite TV channels. Hotel Rasah is located right at the center of Bukit Rasah, walking distance to Seremban General Hospital Tuanku Jaafar, Koley Kejururawatan Seremban, Mawar Renal Medical Centre, 1km away from Seremban Central Train Station and only 2 minutes taxi time to downtown Seremban. HotelRasah@gmail.com 70. (2.710450,101.941798) edit
- Hotel Seremban Jaya (龙城酒店), 3995, Jalan Seremban Jaya 8/5, 70450 Seremban, ☎ +606-6715719, . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12pm. Hotel Seremban Jaya: Located 1 km from Tesco Shopping Centre, Hotel Seremban Jaya offers free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. It has a 24-hour front desk. All rooms come with a flat-screen TV with ASTRO Satelite TV channels.Hotel Seremban Jaya is within 4 km from Senawang Industry Park and Tuanku Jaafar Golf and Country Club.Air-conditioned rooms offer tea/coffee-making facilities and a telephone. En suite bathrooms include toiletries and shower facilities.Dry cleaning and laundry service is available for convenience. The hotel offers a chargeable airport shuttle service upon request.Guests can enjoy a selection of international restaurants just a 5-minute walk from the hotel. email@example.com 70. (2.6745381081834037,101.9785013794899) edit
Seremban is a pretty safe town to travel to. Crime rate is amongst the lowest in Malaysia. Just take the usual precautions when travelling to any town/city: avoid carrying large amounts of cash, wearing excessive jewellery & leaving valuables visible inside one's vehicle
- Visit a popular waterfalls Jeram Toi Waterfalls
- Visit Seri Menanti Old Palace, the one of the famous landmarks in Negeri Sembilan located in Seri Menanti
- Visit Wet World Pedas Hot Spring. It's 13km away from Seremban.