Segamat is a town located in the north of the state of Johor in Malaysia. It is about 142 km via the North-South Expressway from Kuala Lumpur to Tangkak. It is another 55 km via Federal Route 23. Segamat is well-known for its various varieties of durian fruit.
Segamat is easily accessible via a network of roads. From the Expressway E2, exit the expressway via either Exit 227 Simpang Ampat (from north) or Exit 242 Yong Peng Selatan (from south) before proceeding via Federal Route 1.
For those from east coastal states such as Terengganu, Pahang and Kelantan, you can use the Federal Route 12. Segamat is also accessible for those from southwestern towns and cities such as Muar, Batu Pahat and Melaka via Federal Route 23.
- Transnasional Express JB 07-224 5182 / 223 7204
- Cepat Express JB 07-224 7453 Segamat 07-9315260
- Handal Indah JB 07-224 2244 / 227 8514
- S & S International Express JB 07-222 6246
- Hasry Express JB 07-223 5355 / 221 5339
- Causeway Link Express JB 07-224 2244 / 227 8514
- Dataran Segamat: at Jalan Buloh Kasap (Segamat old town), formerly known as Padang Besar Segamat. The celebration of Johor state-level Malaysia's national day is held here if Segamat is selected to host the event that year.
- Taman Bunga Batu Hampar: At the centre of Segamat town, it is also known as "Rock Garden" by the local population. The residential palace for the royal family of Johor and the official residence of the Segamat district officer are placed here.
- Kampong Sri Dagang or Sri Dagang Village.
- Upwell Shopping Center
- Giant Hypermarket
- Billion Supermarket
- Nirwana Supermarket(Kg Abdullah/Taman Yayasan)
- One Segamat Shopping Mall
- Popular Book Store
- UO Superstore
- One Stop
- Segamat durian (seasonal), found on roadside fruit stalls
- Mi Hun Ge ( Soup/ Dry flour), 19, Jalan Nagasari 1, Segamat Baru.
- Chinese Roti Canai, Kampung Tengah, Segamat. Location: 2°31'53.70"N ; 102°49'36.93"E
- Cheong Yik Kee Wantan Mee, 12 Jalan Salim, Kg. Abdullah, Segamat.
- Warung Kg Jawa, Jalan Medoi, 85000 Segamat.( Soto Mee/Nasi, Tempe )
- Warung Usop Ketong, Jalan Muar, 85000 Segamat.( Mee Rebus )
- Kopitiam Zao Chen,75, Jln Nagasari 14, Segamat Baru,85000 Segamat. (Variety Breakfast & Tea Time)
- Ho Peng, beside holland village (shop) business hour 3AM-10:30AM
- Holland Village, behind bank mualamat (before giant hypermart from north)
- Happyland Right hand side from the second bridge
- Newturn Hidden, but ask any local, they will know. Famous stall is Ah Lan's budget noodle soup.
- Greenland Mostly operated and frequened by older people - there are a variety of food choices
- Hailam Kia despite the dirty looking exterior, they make the best tea and ying yang (coffee + tea) in town. Great roti toast + butter and kaya. Try the half boiled eggs - they are heavenly. Located near UpWell Shopping center (the row of shops on the right hand side of main door of the shopping place), the coffee shop is next door to a book store
- Lap Cheong from Lap Chong Auntie Yummilicious home made lap cheong with very little fat. Unfortunately, one needs to be lucky as she make rounds in coffee shops during the day (sometimes nights)as she does not own a shop. She drives a van.
- Paya Pulai Mamak Burger opposite a row of shops in Taman Pelangi.
- Mamak stall beside Merrybrown fastfood famous for maggie goreng, mee gorengn etc
- Cau Zhou Bah Kut Teh second brigde segamat corner drive straight, its on your left (corner shop)
- Kuantan Highway mamak stall before traffic light of taman yayasan (right hand side frm JB), corner stall near a mall like restaurant. Famous for roti planta gula.
- Kedai makanan dan Minumana Segamat Baru (昆明园炒粿条): Shop lot in front of Segamat Baru market. Most famous for Char Kuey Teow.
- Restoran Haliza, Jalan Aji, 85000 Segamat.( Tosei, Capati, Murtabak, Nasi Beriani-Kambing,ayam, daging)
- Restoran Seri Manis, Jalan Buloh Kasap, 85000 Segamat.(Satay, Otak-otak, Seafood, dll)
- Restoran Asalihin, Jalan Sia Her Yam, 85000 Segamat.(Semua masakan )
- No signature restaurant, near upwell supermart (along Li Chi Primary School Rd), famous dishes such as nestum sotong (squid), lemon honey chicken. Business hour 7PM-11PM. Book in advance will guarentee a table.
- Xin Waan Fish Head Restaurant, chinese restaurant located at Jalan Nagasari 14, Bandar Segamat Baru (opposite of Masjid, near chinese Guan Ti Temple and Indian temple). Famous dishes Fish Head Steamboat. Booking available.
- Kim's Famous Lor Mee, chicken rice, mee hoon ker and marmite roasted lemon chicken (by request only, reservation through phone, sms, email, msn, facebook, Hi5, Friendster, or walk-in appointment)
- KEDAI KOPI TENG LI - Coffee shop with home-made kaya. It's located at Segamat Baru.
- Nan Yang Coffee Shop - Don't miss the local coffee and toasted bread filled with butter and kaya (coconut-egg jam) if you visit to this Chinese cafe located at the center of Segamat old town. But the lady boss was unfriendly
- Old Taste Kopitiam- The best Ipoh White Coffee In Town n more to find out..
- Nam Kwang Open Air Coffee shop, Jalan mentol , Segamat.. A more than 60-years-coffee shop which is famous by its cool and all time favorite drinks. Located at old town of Segamat. Laksa in the morning and you can find local rojak and chinese nasi lemak at night time. edit
- Kampung Cafe, 313A, Jalan Aziz Kampung Abdullah,85000 Segamat, Johor., ☎ +60 79310463. 09:00-01:00. Want to experience some different and unforgettable drinks and meals at Segamat? Let's dont miss out the chance to dining at Kampung Cafe! It's top ranking among all the others cafe and strongly recommended by localite that the atmosphere and undoubtedly the food is taste absolutely good! You will only regret if you miss out the chance to step in Kampung Cafe when you are at Segamat! edit
- Station Inn Hotel, Jalan Genuang Perdana, 85000 Segamat,Malaysia, Tel : 07-943 6633
- Neo Pegasus Hotel Segamat, 128, jalan Genuang,, Segamat, Tel: 6079312128.
- Golden Lake Hotel Sdn. Bhd., No. 3975 & 3976, Susur 1, Jalan Syed Abdul Kadir, Segamat, Johor, 85000, Tel:- +60 (0)7 932-8881
- Segamat Hotel, 14-18, Jalan Salim, 85000 Segamat, Tel : 60-7-931 2919, Fax : 60-7-932 3919.
- Silver Inn Hotel, 11, Jalan Ros, 85000 Segamat, Tel : 60-7-931 2211.
- Mandarin Inn, 99-101, Jalan Genuang, Segamat, 85000 Johor. Tel: 07-9317966 Fax: 07-9311393, Minimum Rate - RM 36.00 , Facilities:- hairdressing/beauty saloon,laundry,mailing/courier service,24 hrs room service,24 hrs security
- Villa Hotel, 26, Jalan Ros, 85000 Segamat, Tel : 60-7-9328188, Fax : 60-7-9323188, Email : email@example.com. Location: 2°30'13.60"N ; 102°49'15.84"E
- VIP Hotel, previously known as Hotel Sri Pelangi, Wisma Chew Ann Ting, Batu 1, Jalan Buloh Kasap, 85000 Segamat, Tel : 60-7-9312101, Fax : 60-7-9312106. Location: 2°31'26.16"N ; 102°48'20.02"E
- Pine Classic Inn, 30 & 30A, Jalan Genuang, 85000 Segamat, Tel : 60-7-9323009, Fax : 60-7-9323011. Location: 2°30'18.04"N ; 102°49'5.27"E
- Golden Lake Hotel 3975 3976 Susur 1 Jalan Syed abdul Kadir 07-9328881 07 9328882
- Gunung Ledang - Located about 30 km from Muar town, Gunung Ledang (formerly Mt Ophir) is well known for the Legend of Gunung Ledang story of the mystique Puteri Gunung Ledang, entwined with its mysterious tales of supernatural encounters among the locals besides its beautiful natural attraction. Standing at 1,267m, Gunung Ledang is Johor's highest mountain and it can be accessed both from Johor (Sagil) and Melaka (Asahan). There are nice camping sites by the side of waterfall at the mountain foot and those who are adventurous can take up the challenges to climb to the peak of the mountain. The journey to the top will take approximately five hours through the dense but scenery virgin jungle. There are 2 options of access to the mountain top and mountain foot lodgings available by 2 different managements namely; Gunung Ledang Resort  and Taman Hutan Lagenda-Taman Negara Gunung Ledang . Gunung Ledang can be reached by buses that run between Tangkak and Segamat by getting off at Sagil. Its best to arrive at Gunung Ledang during daylight hours, stay overnight and start the hike early next morning.