Sciacca is a small town of the south coast of Sicily, Italy, with remains of a city wall and a busy fishing port.
There are frequent buses from to Palermo and Agrigento (passing within 4km of Eraclea Minoa). Buses run less frequently to Castelvetrano (for Selinunte), Mazara del Vallo, Marsala and Trapani.
- The old town wall gates - Porta San Salvatore, Porta San Calogero and one by Piazza Marconi.
- The Duomo.
- The colourful fishing port.
- Canevale di Sciacca. edit
As you would expect, Sciacca has some excellent seafood on offer.
- Al Faro, Via al Porto, +39 0925 25349. Good basic food, cheap.
- Casale Galati, Località Montagna 207, +39 092523479 +39 3920773198, firstname.lastname@example.org., . Casale Galati is secluded and extremely quiet and peaceful with stunning views of rolling countryside. It is ideally situated for visiting the Greek temples of Agrigento, Selinunte and Segesta. The three independent apartments, Tramontana and Scirocco 80 sm each and Maestrale 45 sm, are bright and airy with all modern amenities. Tramontana sleeps six. Scirocco sleeps four. Maestrale sleeps 2+2. Fresh bed linen and towels are supplied weekly.
- Paloma Bianca, Via Figuli 5, +39 0925 25130. Basic, but OK.
- Apartments for rent CASE del VIVAIO, Via Monte Kronio, 22, +39 092581133, . According to the Michelin Green Guide: "A small gem situated on a hill overlooking Sciacca"
- Villa Casa Lucchese,Contrada Lucchese , +39 092581133, .
Stunning views, secluded, sleeps up to 10, 10 acres of Olive groves, 240 Sq. Mts, 5 Km. out of Sciacca "
- Make the effort to visit Eraclea Minoa. The ruins aren't as good as others, but the pine forest-backed beach is beautiful.
- Caltabellotta, on a nearby hill is a short and delightful bus ride away.