Saputara is a hill station town in Gujarat.
Saputara means the 'Adobe of Serpent', is oerched at an altitude of 1000 m, and is situated in the heart of Dangs district. It is located on the second highest plateau of the Sahyadari range with cool bracing climate and a scenic view of the verdant valley. Saputara has been dveloped as a planned hill resort with all the necessary amenities. The thick forest around Saputara is dotted with tribal villages and their unique dances are of great interest.
Gujarat's picturesque hill station is perched on a plateau in the Dang forest area of the Sahyadri Range. At an altitude of about 1000 m.
It has a cool bracing climate, the highest temperature even in the summer months not exceeding 28 Degrees C. Saputara means the Adobe of Serpents and a snake image on the banks of the river Sarpagana is worshipped by the Adivasis on festivals like Holi.
Saputara has been developed as a planned hill resort with all the necessary ameneties like hotels, parks, swimming pools, boat club, theatres and a museum to ensure an enjoyable holiday in the cool of the hills. Saputara is only 156 km from Surat.
Surat is the nearest airport, 156 km away
Nearest railway station is Waghai, on the Billimora - Waghai narrow gauge section of the Western Railway.
For those coming from Gujarat via Surat or Ahmedabad or even tom Bombay, Billimora is the most convenient rail head as direct bus service is available from there.
State transport buses end private luxury coaches connects various centres of Gujarat and Maharashtra. It is situated 409 km from Ahmedabad,156 km from Surat and 51 km from Waghai.
- Mahal The Mahal region situated 60 km away from Saputara is dominated by the Purna Sanctuary. The longish drive passes through the most beautiful parts of Dangs with high wooded slopes of bamboo.
- Vansda National Park: Originally, a private forest of maharaja of Vansada, the park now covers on area of 24 sq km. Despite its small size the park harbours tiger, leopard, pangolin, rusty-spotted cat, python, giant squirrel, fourhorned antelope etc. Prior permission from the Chief Wildlife Warden, of Gandhinagar or DFO, Ahwa is required before visiting the park.
- Sunrise Point: It is a point which offers the best view of Saputara and adjoining Malegoan could be reached after a walk of 1.5 km in the direction of Waghai. The naming restricts the tourist traffic to this best place as tourists believe that the point should only be visited at sun rise, however, one may visit it at any time of the day to catch a panoramic view. The Tata Consultancy Services has suggested renaming this point as Valley View Point to enhance tourist traffic.
- Main Attraction Saputara Lake, Ropeway.
Vananchal has its own campsite near waghai,opened during diwali till the month of february.
Nature trails in vansda national park,snake shows organized by their volunteers,night stay in tents,bathing in river and campfire are their activities.
Also arranges river rappling and para gliding on special request.
- The hill resort of Saputara promises to refresh the tourists throughout the year with its cool weather. Saputara does not experience any extreme temperature variations and is an ideal getaway for the sun-scorched souls of the plains. The monsoon rains add to the magic of Saputara. Thus you may plan your trip to the Saputara hills any time of the year the best time is from middle of March to middle of November.
- You can visit Rose Garden and a lake. You can hire local jeeps for a tour around. Also, you can take a cable car / ropeway / gondola to visit the sunset point.
- Boating: The Saputara Lake surrounded by greenery makes it pleasurable to sail in the lake in a row or paddle boat.
- Paragliding: From Paragliding to Parasailing, Zip-lining, Zorbing, Water rolling, High roping and Artificial wall climbing, there is a whole lot of fun and adventure.
You can buy handicraft items made by the local adivasis.
You will get excellent North Indian and other foods with a Gujarati touch of sweetness. Food is delicious. Purohit Gujarati Thali is best.
As Saputara is in the state of Gujarat where alcoholic liquors have been prohibited by the state government, you cannot get alcoholic beverages here. But around 5 km in Maharastra, you can get alcohol.
- Uday Hill Resort, Saputara., Nasik - Saputara Road, Near Yograj Holiday Homes, A/p Hatgad - Saputara (Near Hatgad Fort), ☎ 02568 240027, . checkin: 10 A.M; checkout: 10 A.M. The Resort, is situated at Hatgad in the peak of sahyadri ranges, close to Maharashtra - Gujarat State border on Nasik - Saputara road. The resort is located near Hatgad fort. The fort is well known for Shivaji’s escape through a tunnel to Surat. One can view the fort from our resort. The resort shall be fully developed very soon, spanning across in area of more than 100000 sq.ft (2.5 acres), located just 5 kms away from Saputara, the only Hill station of Gujarat, situated at southern tip of the state. Major market for all important shopping including rare valuable tribal artwork and handicrafts, is at just 5 minutes drive to Saputara from our resort. 2000. (20.573975,73.747916) edit
- Uday Hills Resto - Bar, Near Yograj Holiday Homes, Saputara. (Nasik Saputara Road, Near Hatgad Fort), ☎ 02568240027, . checkin: 8 a.m; checkout: 11.30 p.m. The 'Resto - Bar' offers you with indoor A/c family Restaurant and Outdoor Garden restaurant serving both Veg and Non. Veg cuisines. You can enjoy cool atmosphere and the impeccable service, which is combined with a wide choice of dishes from our menu . The food is prepared by our executive chef in two separate kitchens keeping your health, taste and diet in mind. 'The Bar' offers you with wide range of alcoholic beverages for your calm, relaxed and enjoyable holiday amidst exotic atmosphere of dense green Dang forest. Note: (Alcoholic Beverages are not available in further dry state of Gujarat). 2000. edit