Santa Ynez is a small community in the Santa Ynez Valley winery region of Santa Barbara County in Southern California. It's a valley of small towns, rolling hills, majestic oaks and friendly people. There are beautiful horse ranches, unspoiled mountains, charming little towns, waterfalls, beaches, scenic drives, breathtaking countryside, fruit orchards, and authentic Spanish missions.
- Bridlewood Winery, 3555 Roblar Avenue, +1 800 467-4100. Daily 10AM-5PM. This winery serves very good wine. They have an excellent view and a large lawn...among the best stops while visiting Santa Barbara wineries. Among their best wines is their Syrah, which has earned a 89 from Wine Enthusiast and a 90 from Wine Spectator. They sell cheeses, meats, crackers, etc., which is handy for a picnic.
- Gainey Vineyard, 3950 E. Hwy 246, +1 805 688-0558. One of the premier tasting experiences among Santa Barbara wineries. They attract a large crowd, but it's worth dealing with both for their wine and delightful grounds that are a perfect place to end a day of Santa Barbara wine tasting. They also have a nice tasting room reserved for wine club members. Daily 10AM-5PM.
- LinCourt Vineyards, 343 N Refugio Road, +1 805 688-8381. This is low-priced sister winery to Foley, but unfortunately not particularly good among Santa Barbara wineries. They're open 10-5 daily, and they do offer a pleasant picnic area.
- Sunstone Vineyards & Winery, 125 Refugio Road, +1 800 313-9463. Daily 10AM-4PM. Sunstone has a nice patio area with a fairly good view. Sunstone Winery overlooks the Santa Ynez River, and has one of the more pleasant settings among Santa Barbara wineries. They have good wine include Viognier, Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay and others. Their reserve tasting costs a few dollars more, but is worth it.
- Santa Ynez Inn, 3627 Sagunto St, ☎ 805-688-5588, . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 12:00 PM. Bed and breakfast. edit
Solvang and Buellton are just to the west and Los Olivos to the north.