Sankarankoil is in Tirunelveli district in Tamil Nadu.
The city got its name from the temple called Sankaranarayanan Temple.
Sankaranarayanan Temple Entrance
The place has good connectivity from Madurai via Rajapalayam and Kovilpatti.
- Sanakara Narayanan temple. 5.30AM to 12PM, 4.30AM to 8.30PM. The main deity is half Shiva and half Vishnu to emphasis the equality of both gods. The Temple has many good and interesting sculptures. edit
- After entering the main entrance there is a shopping complex which one have to cross entering the temple. Many interesting religious things and flowers can be bought.
- Food items from the temple.
Small restaurants outside bus stand is available.
- Assembly lodge A/C, (Just opposite to Sankarankoil bus stand). The lodge is very big and has plenty of rooms according to the budget. Budget. edit
- Sri sudharsana residensy, South Car Street, ☎ 222220. edit