Sandy Hook is a narrow land spit on the Atlantic coast of New Jersey. It is owned by the Federal Government and most is managed by the National Park Service as one of three units comprising Gateway National Recreation Area.
- Navesink Beach
- Sea Bright
- Low Moor
- Gallilee (New Jersey)
Garden State Parkway to Exit 117 then follow Route 36 east for 12 miles.
Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ ; La Guardia New york, New York; J.F. Kennedy Airport, Queens, NY
- Seastreak, Phone: 1-800-BOATRIDE, . This is a very large and luxurious catamaran commuter ferry. Leaves from Pier 11 & East 34th Street in Manhattan directly to Sandy Hook, a thirty minute trip. Tickets are sold as you get on the ferry. $45 includes ferry and bus fares. On the ferry, there should be someone handing out maps of Sandy Hook. When you get there, after the 1 hour ride, you can walk to the beach or take a shuttle bus (yellow school bus). There are 3 main beaches, but the only nude beach is Gunnison. To walk to the beach just follow the other people heading out past the lighthouse. It takes about 15 minutes whether you walk or catch the shuttle.
- The easiest way to get around Sandy Hook and surrounding areas is by car. There are not many public transportation systems in this area.
- Gunnison Beach is one of the largest nude beaches in America. Gunnison beach in New Jersey is the easiest beach to get to by public transport from Manhattan. The ferry ride takes about an hour.
- Twin Lights Historic Site, Lighthouse Rd. Highlands, ☎ (732) 872-1814 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . The twin lights were originally built in 1828 as the primary seacoast light for NY harbor. Today, the towers have been transformed into a museum for the public to view. You can tour the towers, climb the North tower for a view of the Atlantic Ocean, or visit the exhibit gallery.
- Sea Gull's Nest Oceanfront Deck Restaurant, 100 Hartshorne Drive - Highlands, ☎ 732-872-0025, . Open from May-September. The Sea Gull's Nest is a popular favorite for both local's and visitors of the Sandy Hook area. It is known for it's view of the spectacular Jersey Shore Sunset. The Sea Gull's Nest is a great place to grab food or a drink after a long day on the beach. edit
- Bahr’s Landing, 2 Bay Avenue - Highlands, ☎ 732-872-1245, . Bahr's Landing is a family owned restaurant established in 1917. It has long been known for it's great seafood, view's of Sandy Hook, and a place for the whole family to enjoy. edit