Salisbury is a city in Rowan County, in the Piedmont region of North Carolina.
- Amtrak trains stop daily in Salisbury. The Piedmont serves cities between Charlotte, NC and Raleigh, NC. The Carolinian serves the same cities as the Piedmont, and continues on to Richmond, Washington, Philadelphia, and New York City. The Crescent, which travels from New Orleans to New York City, also serves Salisbury.
- Dr. Josephus Hall House, 226 S Jackson St, Salisbury, NC, ☎ 704-636-0103, . Saturday & Sunday 1-4 PM. Adults: $3.00, Children: $1.00.
- October Tour. Annual fundraising tour of historic homes.
- National Cemetery. Near site of Confederate prison; contains monuments from many Northern states mourning their dead.
- Dan Nicholas Park, 6800 Bringle Ferry Road, Salisbury, NC, ☎ 704-216-7803, . Call for Hours. Free admission. Mini golf, carousel, mini-train, gem-panning, and paddle boats available on a for-fee basis. Reservations accepted for shelters. Girl Scout Holly Hut camping facility. Free.
- Dunn's Mountain Park, 1740 Dunn's Mountain Road Salisbury, NC 28146, ☎ 704 239-0134, . Call for Hours of operation. Has a great view of most of rowan county and the surrounding counties. Free.
- N.C. Transportation Museum, 411 S. Salisbury Ave. Spencer, NC 28159, ☎ 704-636-2889, . Call for hours. Has a a lot to see, plan for spending about 2-3 hours looking around. Free for admisson, Train Ride- Adult-$6 Children(3-12)-$5 Seniors(60 and older)-$5 Children younger than 3, who will not occupy a seat, ride free..
- Woodleaf Lanes, 1811 Jake Alexander Boulevard West, ☎ 704-633-5342, . Local bowling center with leagues and frequent specials. Call for current specials and lane availability.
- Geneology Room at the Rowan Public Library, Fisher Street. Excellent collection of genealogical materials.
- Salisbury Emporium, 230 East Kerr St. Salisbury, NC 28144, ☎ 704-642-0039, . Tuesday-Saturday 10:00am - 6:00 pm Sunday 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm. A Store that offers Antiques as well as no-vintage items.
- Literary Bookpost, Main Street. Booksense independent bookshop.
- Salisbury Emporium, 230 East Kerr St. Salisbury, NC 28144, ☎ 704/642-0039, . Tuesday through Saturday 10:00am-5:00PM Sunday 1:00pm-5:00pm.
- Hap's Grill, Main Street. Hot dogs, hamburgers, and local soda in glass bottles from a tiny storefront. Bring cash.
- Spanky's, Main & Innes. Deli with excellent homemade ice cream.
- Quality Inn and Suites, 825 Klumac Rd, Salisbury, NC (I-85 Exit 75), ☎ (704) 633-5777.
- Comfort Suites - Salisbury, 1040 E Innes St, Salisbury, NC 28144, ☎ 704-630-0065 (email@example.com), .
- Hotel Salisbury and Conference Center, 530 Jake Alexander Blvd. S. (Exit 75 off I-85), ☎ 704-637-3100, . checkin: 3:00PM; checkout: 12:00PM. Welcome to the Hotel Salisbury & Conference Center, NC. Conference Center!A newly renovated hotel (2008) situated on 12 acres of woodlands, the hotel and conference center offers a free hot breakfast in our hotel restaurant for all guests paying a qualified rate. Offering free high-speed Internet access wireless throughout the hotel! We feature 181 beautifully appointed guest rooms with ergonomic desk seating and offers free green fees at 2 local golf courses that will allow you to come play for free if you rent a golf cart. They include Corbin Hills or McCanless Golf Course. Both will require you to get a special golf privilege card from the front desk and call ahead for a tee time. The offers are for Monday - Friday only.The hotel has a notary available Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM. All guests can enjoy a manager's reception each Tuesday evening with complimentary food and draft beer.We are a pet-friendly hotel. If you travel with your pets, please remember to be thoughtful of other hotel guests and pick-up after them as well as never leave them alone in the hotel room unattended. We reserve the right to charge a nominal pet deposit. If staying more than one night, hotel reserves the right to charge the pet deposit nightly. $65 and up. (35.646264,80.489193)