Salisbury is the largest city on the Eastern Shore (Maryland).
Salisbury is about a 2 hour drive from the Baltimore (BWI) airport or about 3 hours from Washington Dulles Airport (IAD). It is a pretty drive that passes over the Chesapeake Bay on the Bay Bridge.
There is also a small airport in Salisbury (SBY), which is serviced by US Airways.
- Salisbury MD Zoo, 755 South Park Drive, 410-548-3188, . Daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas. Free.
- Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, 909 South Schumaker Drive, 410-742-4988, . Daily except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. Houses the the world's largest collection of wildfowl carvings.
- Pemberton Historical Park, 5561 Plantation Ln, 410-548-4900, . Daily from sunrise to sunset. Free. Historic plantation offering tours by appointment and 4.5 miles of nature trails.
- The Centre at Salisbury, 2300 N Salisbury Blvd., 410-548-1600. Large mall with Macy's and many other stores.
- The Country Store on Main Street is huge and advertises itself as the Largest Country Store in the East. Huge array of Vera Bradley bags and accessories.
- Chesapeake East
- Market Street Inn, 130 West Market St., 410-742-4145, . Excellent food including seafood and steaks; the Portuguese Bishop Rolls served with a variety of oils and vinegars are not to be missed; good wine list. Moderate to expensive.
- Back Street Grill, 401 Snow Hill Road, 410-548-1588. Sandwiches, bar food, and very good fresh cut beach fries
- Mediterranean Grill, 1147 S Salisbury Blvd, 410-546-1404. Delicious Persian food with above and beyond customer service.
- Sushi De Kanpai, 109 W Main St, 410-912-1440. Highest quality sushi in Salisbury.
- Mojo's, 213 E Main St, Salisbury, ☎ 443-944-9507, .
- Evolution Craft Brewing Co. & Public House, 201 E Vine St, ☎ 443-260-2337, . Trendy brewpub offering housemade draft microbrews & local, seasonal grub in an urbane space.
- Best Western, 1735 N Salisbury Boulevard, 410-546-1300.
- Courtyard Marriott, 128 Troopers Way, 410-742-4405, . Located off the Route 13 bypass, convenient to many shopping and dining choices.
- Hampton Inn, 121 E. Naylor Mill Road, 410-334-3080
Salisbury is a quick 40 minute drive to the Atlantic Coast. Ocean City is a popular nearby destination.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!