Salisbury is a city in Connecticut. It includes the village of Lakeville, home to Lime Rock Park raceway.
Be sure to climb up Mt. Riga, the highest point in the state of Connecticut. On a clear day you can easily see into Massachusetts, New York State, and to other towns in Connecticut. If you are lucky enough to know someone with a pass to the pond up the mountain, you can expect crystal clear water, peacefulness, and fresh picked blueberries.
- Lime Rock Park, 497 Lime Rock Road, Toll free: 1-800-RACE-LRP (722-3577, Phone: 860-435-5000, (fax: 860-435-5010), . Auto racing.
- Appalachian Trail
- The Woodland, a country fine dining type joint
- Pastorale, a French style restaurant with other things on the menu.
- White Hart, a bed and breakfast with a full restaurant and bar. Currently closed and for sale.
- Chives This well-sized yet intimate restaurant and bar, is new to the area and specializes in "new American" cuisine. In 2008 it received a favorable review in the New York Times.
- Chives has a full bar, a sophisticated atmosphere and seasonal specialty cocktails.
- The Woodland has a full bar, a big screen TV, and ladies night on Thursdays with one dollar PBRs.
- The White Hart has a small bar, but always a few good beers on tap and a small cozy atmosphere. Currently closed and for sale.
- White Hart'" is a nice bed and breakfast. Currently closed and for sale.
- There is a motel located behind Pastorale that is cheaper, but certainly not as homey.