Russellville is a college town in the River Valley region of Arkansas.
The closest scheduled passenger service is at the Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport in Little Rock with service by all major airlines and non-stop service to over a dozen cities. There is a local municipal airport  as well.
The closest train service is the once-a-day Amtrak Texas Eagle  that passed through Little Rock late at night.
Russellville is located at the intersection of Interstate 40 and the parallel US 64 route that travel east/west and the Arkansas Scenic 7 Byway that travels north/south.
Little Rock is a little over an hour east on I-40, Oklahoma City is four hours to the west on I-40. It's a little under 2 hours to Harrison and Hot Springs on Highway 7 (north and south, respectively).
No public transit. As of mid-2010s, bike lanes are being added to neighborhood thoroughfares around Arkansas Tech, making it more friendly to bike.
- Bona Dea Trails north of Arkansas Tech along Lake Front Drive offers a variety of loops that are suitable for hiking, running, and bicycling.
- Dardanelle Rock  across the river in Dardanelle along Dardanelle Dam Road has an unmaintained trail that leads to the top of a prominent rock outcropping provide a good view of the Arkansas River. Exercise precaution in this area. There are also unofficial rock climbing options here.
- Lake Dardanelle State Park  is on the border of Lake Dardanelle and includes a visitor center with interpretive exhibits with a beautiful view of the lake, camping, and swimming areas.
- Old Post Park a campground on the southside of town on the edge of the Arkansas River near the Lock and Dam provides camping, various recreation opportunities including mountain biking trailers, and an overlook of the river.
- Funky Junky  a store selling an unique collection of "reused, repurposed, reconditioned" items with a 60's and 70's vintage theme.
- Whatta Burger Drive-In, 1410 N Arkansas Russellville, AR 72801, ☎ (479) 968-1410, . Good local burger joint across Arkanas Avenue from Arkansas Tech University. Unrelated to the regional chain found in several southern states. edit
- A+ Park Motel, 2615 West Main Street, ☎ +1 479 968-4862 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . edit
- Best Western Inn, 2326 N Arkansas Avenue, ☎ +1 479 967-1000 (fax: +1 479 967-3586), . edit
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Russellville, 120 East Harrell Drive, ☎ +1 479 967-9030 (fax: +1 479 967-9040), . edit
- Holiday Inn, 2407 N Arkansas, ☎ +1 479 968-4300, . edit
- Motel 6, 215 West Birch Street, ☎ +1 479 968-3666 (fax: +1 479 890-5207), . edit
- Buffalo National River about 1.5 hours north in Newton County is a beautiful scenic area of the state, with hiking, canoeing, camping, waterfalls, and home to the state's only elk herd.
- Mount Nebo State Park  is about a twenty minute drive across the Arkansas River and has a trail that circles the top of the mountain providing excellent views of the River Valley. Also a favorite spot for hang-gliding.
- Pedestal Rock Scenic Area about a hour north on Scenic Highway 7 has interesting rock formations and a waterfall.
- Petit Jean State Park  is a little over thirty minutes drive southeast across the River.
|Routes through Russellville