Rome is a city that was founded at the convergence of the Etowah and Oostanaula rivers in Georgia's Historic High Country.
The city was named for the seven hills around the city, and was land taken from the Treaty of New Echota.
The city played a role in the Civil War and the Atlanta Campaign.
This was also a trading place for cotton and other goods.
In the 20th Century, it became a carpet/textile city.
 Get in
- Chieftain's Museum, the home of Major Ridge
- The City Tower, formally a water tower, now a clock.
- Berry College -the world's largest college campus, visit the waterwheel, Possum Trot, Martha Berry museum.
- Shorter University
- Rome Symphony Orchestra
- Rome Braves, A Baseball Affiliates of the Atlanta Braves
The DeSoto Theater Located on Broad St., they often have small productions going on, and during the fall, RIFF (Rome International Film Festival)
- Mel & Mimi's
- Blue Sky Outfitters
- Elysium Inc Sterling Silver Jewelry
- Harvest Moon Cafe, Broad Street
- Blue Fin
- Schroeder's, Broad Street
- The Moon Roof at Harvest Moon. Outdoor, heated environment, live music on the weekends. edit
- 400 Block Bar Also on Broad St., more upscale, attached to La Scala Italian Ristorante
- Old Havana This too, on Broad, they sell cigars, beer, and wine. On Thursdays they have live jazz musicians come in.
- Hawthorne Suites, 100-110 West 2nd Avenue, +1 706 378-4837, Fax: +1 706 378-8089, .
- Best Western Executive Inn, 217 Highway 411 E, +1 706 234-3161, Fax: +1 706 234-3161, .
- Holiday Inn, Hwy 411 East & Chateau Road, +1 706 295-1100, .
- The Winshape Retreat