The northern suburbia of Rome
- Monte Mario. The largest hill in Rome, with sweeping views of the Vatican and Rome across the Tiber. edit
- Olympic Stadium (Stadio Olimpico). The stadium is on the west bank of River Tiber, about three km directly north of the Vatican. It is part of a sports complex that was built for the 1960 Olympic Games, including the Olympic swimming pool and the tennis complex where the annual ATP/WTA Italian Open is held. The main stadium holds more than 80,000 and was extensively rebuilt, with a roof added, for the 1990 FIFA World Cup finals.
- Temple of Apollo, Isola Farnese (Take the Via Cassia north of Rome to Torrione Cerquetta and then turn right to Isola Farnese), . Veio or Veii was a major Etruscan city until its defeat at the hands of the Romans in 396 BC. These days there is little left to see but a few ruins, although the area has yielded up many excellent artifacts that are now mainly in the Etruscan museum at Villa Giulia in North Center. The surrounding area is a national park that contains Etruscan ruins that, for the most part, are not easily accessible. edit
- Take in a soccer match at the Stadio Olimpico. The stadium is shared by Rome's two main teams, Rome and Lazio, usually playing there on alternate Sunday afternoons, with occasional games on Saturday or Sunday evenings or midweek evenings. Games between these two clubs are well worth avoiding as they often turn violent but the stadium is rarely full for other matches. However, past crowd troubles mean that you can no longer just turn up: you need to buy tickets in advance at one of the agencies around town, and show some ID when you do!
- Casetta di Campagna, Via Affogalasino, 40 ((Casetta Mattei-Trullo)), ☎ +39 6 6574 3230, . Sa-Su and holidays also open at 12:00, closed M. In the natural park Valle dei Casali they have very good meat. They also offer a fixed price menu for pizza (only for more than 4 people) which is good for a large gathering dinner. You need a car to reach the place. edit
- La Pergola, Hotel Cavalieri Hilton, Via A. Cadlolo 101, ☎ +39 6 35092152. Tu-Sa 19:30-00:00c closed 8-23 Aug. Awarded three stars in the Guide Rouge. The chef, Heinz Beck, is German in origin and has set a style which combines Italian fresh produce with exceptional creativity and presentation. The restaurant overlooks Rome, so be sure to get a table by the window. The wine cellar is exceptional. Expect to have to book months in advance, but the trip is well worth it. mains €35-50, set menu €130-150. edit
- Taverna Pio Bove, Via Alessandro Cruto 9 (Bus 128, 775), ☎ +39 6 553 011 35. From 19:00 daily. Good steak house in the suburbs, but not too far from Basilica di San Paolo fuori le mura. edit
- Yesh', Via Silvestro Gherardi 51, ☎ +39 6 858 00315, . Kosher steak house. edit
- Casa Frida (next to Vatican), Via Emo, 97, ☎ +39 339 2768290, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 10:00. Holiday House. From €70. edit
- Giotto Hotel Rome – Via Cardinale Passionei, 35  Telephone + 39 6 61662394 • Fax +39 6 61662373. The Hotel Giotto is a three star accommodation of Rome. It presents 87 single, twin, double and triple bedrooms with private bath, shower and hairdryer. Single rooms from €30 euros, double from €40. Breakfast incl.
- Grand Hotel Fleming, Piazza Monteleone di Spoleto, 20, ☎ +39 6 3337264, . North of the Tiber. 300 bedrooms. Relatively close to Stadio Olimpico for football, Stadio Flaminia for rugby and the Auditorium. Around €150 for a double. edit
- Adema B&B, Via Edoardo Ferravilla, 4, ☎ +39 3292574360, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 10:00. Adema Bed and Breakfast is located in a quiet area near the underground station Battistini. Double room with private bathroom from €60. edit
- Hotel Aurelius Rome – Via Aurelia 458 . Telephone +39 6 6624500 • Fax +39 6 62202701. A four star hotel with 26 single, twin, double and triple bedrooms with private bath and shower. All rates include breakfast, single €115 and double €130.
- Roma Point Hotel, Via Flaminia 988, ☎ +39 3476036461, . Four star accommodation with 27 bedrooms divided in single, double, triple and suites. All with private bathrooms and located behind the Olympic and Flaminio stadiums. Single fom €45, double €60. edit
- Excel Hotel Montemario Rome  – Via degli Scolopi, 31. Telephone +39 6 350 58001 • Fax +39 6 3070392. Four star hotel with 97 bedrooms as double, twin, triple, junior suites and suites. All with private bath, shower and American breakfast. Double €90, triple €119.
- Resort La Rocchetta, Via Giulio Galli, 41, ☎ +39 6 30366633 (email@example.com), . 3-star hotel in La Giustiniana area. Double room from €120. (41.991902,12.400564) edit
- Hotel Relax Rome – Via Milano 19 . Telephone + 39 765 455335 • Fax +39 765 455 445. The Relax accommodation is a modern four star hotel with 43 single, double, twin, triple, quadruple, junior suites and suite bedrooms. All equipped with private bath and shower. Also available a fitness centre and a sauna. Double €85.
- Tempio di Apollo Hotel, Piazza della Colonnetta, 8, ☎ tel. +39 6 30890595 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Newly renovated, some rooms have air conditioning. €60-120. edit
- Hotel Papillo Rome – Via Arola, 53 . Telephone +39 6 303441 • Fax +39 6 303446600. The Papillo accommodation is a four star hotel of Rome with 77 double and twin bedrooms, 4 luxury suite and 1 king suite. All with private bath, shower, bat tub, internet connection, pay per view, satellite TV and flat screen. At the Hotel Papillo is also available the shuttle service to the metro stop, breakfast buffet, bar and restaurant. Rates, double/twin €95, suite €180.
- B&B Casale Altavilla (B&B with swimming pool), Via del Fontanile Arenato, 4 (Undergound Line A Anagnina-Battistini), ☎ +39 6 66030469 (email@example.com), . Double room from €80-100. edit
- Residence Rome Via della Balduina 8. Apartments rental and hotel room in a residential area near Vatican city. Sporting club with swimming pool and tennis courts. Double room with private facilities from €80. Tel.: +39 6 30198 - Fax +39 6 30198603
- Regal Park Hotel Rome – Via Cassia, 1171/G, 00189 Rome, Italy  Telephone +39 06 4542 24712 • Fax +39 64827784. The Regal Park is a 4 four hotel of Rome. Presents 62 bedrooms with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and private bathroom with shower. Also available banqueting, conference and wedding services. Double rooms from 90 Euros, breakfast included.
- Pinewood Hotel Rome – Via della Pineta Sacchetti 43, Trionfale, 00167 Rome, Italy  Telephone +39 06 663 6546 • Fax +39 06 6634941. Wide choice of bedrooms including the single rooms and the family accommodations for five people with private bath, shower, free Wi-Fi access, complimentary breakfast and satellite TV. Private free parking also available. Price € 62.
- Park Hotel Roma Cassia Rome - Via Barbarano Romano, 19 - 00189 Rome, Italy  Telephone +39 06 30316263 • Fax +39 06 45227190. Four star hotel with single, double, twin and triple with private bath, shower, satellite TV, Wi-Fi connection, restaurant, meeting rooms and private parking. Double rooms starting from 60 Euros, breakfast included.