The West End is a district within, and west of, the city of Richmond, Virginia and includes both the West End (within city limits) and Far West End/Innsbrook area. The mailing address is either Richmond or Glen Allen, even thought much of it is located in the counties of Henrico and/or Goochland, and not within the boundary of the city. Many major businesses headquartered in the "City of Richmond", like CarMax and Capital One, actually have their headquarters in this area of Virginia. It has become a very busy and vibrant area, with many high end shopping areas and hotels located here. Much of the state's central population comes to this area for its malls and restaurants.
From the north, the West End is easily reached by Interstate 295, which can be accessed in Northern Henrico County at Exit 84B off of Interstate 95. The city of Richmond is bypassed when using this route. The other way to reach the west end is to take I 95 south from Northern areas and follow it until it splits with Interstate 64 West in the city of Richmond. Exit 180 (Gaskins Road) is a good place to pick up what has become the "second city" in Richmond, with its high end shopping and dining around the Short Pump area.
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens, 1800 Lakeside Ave RIchmond, VA 23228, ☎ 8042629887, . The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens was once property owned by the Powhatan Indians, but was purchased in 1884. It has become one of the top public gardens in the US because of its facilities, programs, and displays. There are over 50 acres of garden with theme gardens including the Healing Garden, Asian Valley, Rose Garden, Children's Garden... There are several libraries and an education center, a visitors center, cafe, garden shop, and tree house. Admissions for adults is $10, $9 for senior citizens, and $6 for children ages 3-12. The garden is open all year long, excluding Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. edit
- The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen, 2880 Mountain Road, Glen Allen VA 23060, ☎ 8042612787, . The Cultural Arts Center holds special events and performances, classes, and exhibits. Some examples are the Latin Ballet of Virginia, comedy and musical theatre performances. edit
- Innsbrook After Hours, 4901 Lakebrook Drive Glen Allen, VA 23060, ☎ 8044231775, . Holds annual summer concert series and events edit
- Meadow Farm Museum, 3400 Mountain Rd.. 1860 living history farm site and museum edit
- Bogey's Sports, 1675 Ashland Road, ☎ 8047841554, . S-R 9 am - 9 pm F - S 9 am -10 pm. Driving range, batting cave, miniature golf edit
- Regal Short Pump, 11650 W. Broad Street, ☎ 8043263264. 14 movie theatres edit
- Bowl America, 4400 Pouncey Tract Rd, ☎ 8043608222. edit
- Henrico County Tourist Information Center, 3812 Nine Mile Rd, ☎ 8046523406. The new tourist center opened September 17, 2010 in the restored Dabbs House Museum. The center has information for travelers on Richmond's historic and cultural sites, as well as guides and information for the rest of Virginia. edit
- Eastern Henrico Recreation Center. This 24 acre recreation center is being reconstructed. The new model will be modified to comply with the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design rating system. It will include a new fitness center, gym, activity spaces, classrooms, and administrative offices. Outdoors there will be a football field, track field, concession building, restrooms, and larger shelter. It is scheduled to be finished in the summer of 2011. edit
- Kings Dominion Amusement Park, 16000 Theme Park Way, Doswell, VA 23047, . Although Kings Dominion is not in Richmond, it is about 20 miles away in Doswell, Virginia. It is a 400 acre amusement park. It was opened in 1975 with 15 rides. Now, some of the popular rides include the Hurler (1994), Rebel Yell (1975), Shockwave (1986), El Dorado (2009), Avalanche (1988), Scrambler (2003), and Anaconda (1991). The park now also includes a water park called WaterWorks which includes the Lazy Rider, Baja Bends, Spiral Chutes, Shoot the Curl, Tornado, Pipeline Peak... The park also includes a Theater, the Mason Dixon Music Call, KingsWood Amphitheaer, Eifel Tower replica, and the Action Theater. edit
- The National, 708 E. Broad Street Richmond VA 23219, ☎ 8046121900, . The National Theater in Richmond opened in 1923. It was a popular site in the downtown scene in RIchmond. It hosted vaudeville, silent movies and a live orchestra. It was designed by architect Claude K Howell. From the outside, the building looks like an Italian Renaissance villa. The nation was recently restored and reopened, as RIchmond's newest concert venue. It has featured bands like Blues Traveler, John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Ben FOlds, Elvis Costello, Melissa Ethridge, Pat Benatar, Justin TImberlake, and Matchbox 20. Payments accepted are cash, AMEX, VIsa, Mastercard, and Discover cards. Tickets can be purchased at the door or through Ticketmaster. edit
- Short Pump Town Center- 11800 West Broad Street, Richmond VA. Short Pump mall is a beautiful place in Richmond. It is an outdoor mall with all of your major stores and department stores. Short Pump is romantic and quaint surrounded by waterfalls and beautiful lights and décor. The only negative thing about Short Pump is the fact that outdoor malls do not take into consideration cold weather. If it is cold and raining out, Short Pump is not the place to be, however, on a beautiful spring day, it’s perfect. It’s more of an upscale shopping center with restaurants like ‘The Cheesecake Factory’, or ‘Firebirds’. The shops range from your ‘Nordstrom’s’ and ‘Gap’ to fine jewelry and boutique clothing. Short Pump is the perfect place to visit if it’s your first time in the area. The shopping, food, and scenery are perfect.
- Gayton Crossing Shopping Center on Gaskins Rd. at Gayton Rd., also in Henrico County
- Regency Square Mall Located at Parham and Quioccasin Roads in Henrico County
- Cary Town, ☎ 8045228696, . Carytown was established in the late 1920s. It is recognized as a superior shopping district in Richmond with over 200 businesses. It has been preserved as a historic area. Carytown offers popular groceries including Ukrop's, Ellwood Thompsons, and Krogers. There are cafes and coffee shops, like Bev's Homemade Ice cream, Cary Street Cafe. There are spas, candy shops, clothing boutiques, and vintage and consignment stores like Halltree and Bygones... There is the Byrd Theater which screens movies for $2.00. Each year Carytown hosts an annual Watermelon Festival which draws 100,000 people from near and far. edit
- Kenji Hibachi and Sushi- Located at 11740 West Broad Street, Suite 102B Richmond, VA. A smaller, more quaint sushi and hibachi restaurant. The staff is very welcoming and remembers their “regular” customers. They also are great at helping decide what to order on the menu. Their pink panther roll is one of their most famous rolls and for a good reason. They are reasonably priced compared to other hibachi and sushi restaurants. It’s never overly crowded so reservations aren’t necessary (unless you are with a large group). Casual dress is fine and children are welcomed.
- Melting Pot, 9704 Gayton Rd., (in Gayton Crossing Shopping Center) Phone: +1 804 741-3120 Fax: +1 804 741-2781,  Su-Th 5PM-10PM, F-Sa 5PM-12PM. This is fondue restaurant with a great wine list. The food prices are on the high end. On Thursday night there is a wine tasting in the bar area for $10 and you get to sample three different wines and meal purchase is not required. meals $18-$50, fondue $13 plus $6.50 for each additional person.
- Sakura Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar, 9008 W. Broad St. Phone: +1 804 747-6848. They have sushi, habachi grill, and normal menu.
- Byram's Seafood, 3215 W. Broad St., Phone: +1 804 355-9193. Most entrees are under $15.
- Greek Islands, 9503 W. Broad St., Phone: +1 804 290-0002. Serving authentic Greek food for 35 years with most entrees are under $15.
- Grandpa Eddie's Alabama Ribs & BBQ, 12859 Broad Street Road, Phone +1 804 784-7200. Best BBQ in town! Virginia State Championship BBQ. Beef Brisket, Ribs, Pulled Pork. Catering and Private Parties too! 
- Red, Hot & Blue, 9502 W. Broad St., Phone: +1 804 217-7427. This is the BBQ spot. Most entrees are under $10.
- UMI 11645 W Broad Street. 804-360-3336. Best sushi in town!
- House of Vietnam, 3402 Pump Road (in Short Pump Crossing shopping center), Phone: +1 804 364-1888. One of the best Vietnamese restaurants in the area.
- Glory Days Grill, 10466 Ridgefield Parkway RIchmond VA 23233, ☎ 8047543710, . Glory Days Grill is a sports bar which includes a wide variety of foods at reasonable prices. This is a great family restaurant with an entertainment room in the back. There are many TVS - big and small - in the restaurant with volume controlled radios at each table. Glory Days serves lunch and dinner. Its casual dining. You can dine in or take out. edit
- Bar Louie’s located at 11788 West Broad Street in Richmond, VA. Bar Louie’s a casual bar which also offers food. There are two bars inside of the establishment which helps with the crowds on the weekends. If you are going with a large crowd you will want to reserve a table since spots at the bars fill up quickly. The age group varies from early twenties to late fifties. Certain weekends there is a cover charge (normally about $7) so call ahead to check. It gets busy around 10:30-11pm and parking is hard to come by. There’s a back exit and front porch that can be used for smoking.
- Shula's 2, 6624 W. Broad St., M-Th 11:30AM-12 Midnight, F-Sa 11:30AM-1AM, Su 11:30AM-11PM This is a sports bar also with about 30 plasma screen HD TV's.
- Capital Ale House, 4024-A Cox Rd, Phone: +1 804 780-2537, Fax: +1 804 273-1058,  M-F 11AM-1:30AM, Sa-Su 10AM-1:30AM. 75 Beers on draft and over 200 bottled beers. Beer prices can range from $2 to $50.
- Home Team Grill, 11351 Nuckols Road (in Twin Hickory Shopping Center), +1 804 967-9060. Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons, 10601 Telegraph Road, ☎ (804) 262-2000, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. Offers guests free breakfast, free high-speed Internet access and an indoor heated pool. $80 +. edit
- Sheraton Richmond West, 6624 W. Broad St., Phone: +1 804 285-2000
- Virginia Crossings Resort,  1000 Virginia Center Parkway, Glen Allen is 10 miles north of downtown Richmond and only 20 miles from the Richmond International Airport.
- Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, 10077 Brook Rd, ☎ 804-266-6900, . checkin: 4:00; checkout: 12:00. (37.6754,-77.4536) edit
- SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, 9701 Brook Road, ☎ +1-804-266-9403, . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 12:00 PM. Great hotel near Kings Dominon. Clean, spacious rooms. Wonderful indoor pool with whirlpool. Free breakfast. edit
- The area code is 804.
- Postal cities include Glen Allen, Short Pump, Tuckahoe, Wyndham, and Henrico.
- You can find free Wi-Fi at Panera Bread locations on Broad St, and at Stony Point and Willow Lawn and at the Capital Ale House on Cox Rd. You can also find Wi-Fi at the Twin Hickory YMCA or any McDonalds.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!