Revelstoke is a city in the Columbia-Rockies section of the Kootenays in British Columbia.
Revelstoke is located on the Trans-Canada Highway 1, midway between Calgary and Vancouver. It is most easily accessible by car, but also lies on the Greyhound bus route, which stops in most communities. 
- Revelstoke Railway Museum, 719 Track St W, ☎ 250 837-6060, . Daily 9am-5pm; until 6pm in July & August. Contains exhibits on the construction of the transcontinental Canadian Pacific Railway, the workers involved and current operations. A satellite of the museum on the site where the last spike was driven is located at Craigellachie on the Trans-Canada Highway about 40 km west of Revelstoke. $10. edit
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort, . The highest vertical run in North America, with an average of 10-15cm of of fresh fluff each day. It also lays claim to being the only place in the world offering lift, cat and heli skiing from the same mountain base. Adult one-day lift ticket $80. edit
If looking for ladies clothing, stop at Daspy Fashions in the Alpine Village Shopping Centre. Men can shop at Style Trend Clothiers in the downtown core.
- The Village Idiot, 306 Mackenzie Ave, ☎ +1 (250) 837-6240. A bar offering good food and drink and retro ski decor, ideal for après or dinner after a day on the mountain. Their homemade pizza is a highlight. edit
- Woolsey Creek restaurant, 604 2nd St. W (Corner of Garden Street), ☎ 250 837 5500. 5-10 pm. Casual fine dinning with cozy atmosphere, Patio and fire places. Duck Confit, Jambalaya, chorizo pasta, Beef tenderloin...and a good selection of BC wines. If you like good food, it worths the detour !!! $20. edit
- Frontier Restaurant, Trans Canada Hwy #1, 250 837 5119. Western themed restaurant located conveniently right off the highway. Not the fastest, but good food, and a nice place to stop for lunch.
- Outabounds (1st Street west). Outabounds sports a rustic but relaxed atmosphere, with wood burl tables and cordovan leather couches. A great place for an appres ski. edit
- The Last Drop Pub, 200 3rd St. W, ☎ 250 837 2121, . 11am-2am. Authentic British style Pub with 17 beers on tap and excellent food. Cozy up to the couches by the fireplace after day of skiing or stop in at night and check out whichever band is on stage. Live music 4 nights a week. edit
- Revelstoke KOA, 1-250-837-2085, toll-free +1-800 KOA-3905, . 200 RV and tent sites, Teepees, cabins, chalets, pool and pet friendly
The Trans Canada Hwy #1 east of Revelstoke continues on to the town of Golden, passing through Mount Revelstoke National Park and Glacier National Park (British Columbia) on its way. The Rogers Pass discovery centre is definitely worth visiting, as are the multitude of small hikes within the parks.
|Routes through Revelstoke