Renwick is a small town in Marlborough. It is in the heart of the Wairau Valley wine growing district and could be an alternative to Blenheim as a base from which to explore the region. The small town's motto is "The heart of the wine country" and this is evident by the surrounding land being nearly entirely vineyards.
Renwick is at the intersection between State Highway 6 and 63. Blenheim is 10 minutes east on State Highway 6, passing Blenheim Airport at Woodbourne. Havelock is 20 minutes north again on State Highway 6. Traveling to the West Coast on State Highway 63 will take travelers past St Arnaud (1 hour).
All buses and shuttles traveling Picton - Blenheim - Havelock - Nelson return travel through Renwick. Nelson Lakes Shuttles specialise in providing transport for trampers, hikers, climbers, mountain bikers and skiers. They run on demand and scheduled services to St Arnaud down State Highway 63, Nelson Lakes National Park, Kahurangi National Park, the Richmond Ranges and other tramping destinations further afield.
InterCity operates daily services with tickets starting from $1 (+ booking fee). Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or throughout the country at numerous booking agents, including the i-SITE network.
Renwick is 3 minutes from Blenheim Airport.
There is no local bus. For those without a car or a bicycle, taxis or tours are the only option
- Neal Shuttle Bus, ☎ 03 577 5277. Often meets planes at the airport. Is happy to arrange a wine trail. Seats 10 (but takes single rides too). edit
- Marlborough Taxis Ltd, ☎ 03 577 5511. edit
- Gateway Taxis, ☎ 03 577 2072. edit
- Renwick Library and Museum, 58 High Street, ☎ 03 572 8543. daily 9AM-5PM. edit
- Department of Conservation South Marlborough Area Office, Gee Street, ☎ 03 572 9100 (email@example.com, fax: 03 572 8824), . More an administrative office but is a place where up to date information about tracks can be obtained as well as hut passes. edit
- Olde Mill House B&B - Bicycle Hire, 9 Wilson Street, ☎ 03 572 8458, . $30 per day,Tandems $60 Bikes are free if you stay at the B&B, www.oldemillhouse.co.nz. edit
- Wine Tours By Bike, 33 Blicks Road, ☎ 03 572 7954, . 8.00am-6.00pm. Complimentary tour each if you stay at Hillsfield House B&B. Complimentary pickup and drop off included. Personalised Tours. www.winetoursbybike.co.nz $45.00 per person. edit
- Renwick Market, High St, ☎ 03 572 9196. Every Tuesday, 10AM - 2.30PM. Indoor market day fund-raising for church, private stalls, fresh produce, crafts, collectables, etc edit
- Woodbourne Tavern & Restaurant, Main Rd, ☎ 03 572 8007. edit
- The Cork and Keg, 33 Inkerman Street, ☎ 03 572 9328 (firstname.lastname@example.org). English pub, taste locally brewed beers and local wines. Good food. Quaint. edit
- Fromm winery - La strada, corner State Highway 6 and Godfrey's Rd, ☎ 03 572 9355 (fax: 03 572 9366), . October – April, 7 days, 11AM to 5PM; May – September, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 11AM to 4PM. edit
- Te Whare Ra Wines, 56 Anglesea Street, ☎ 03 572 8581 (email@example.com, fax: 03 572 8518), . edit
- Hillsfield House Bed & Breakfast & Bike Hire, 33 Blicks Road, Renwick, Marlborough, NZ, ☎ 03 5727570, . checkin: 2.00pm; checkout: 10.00pm. www.hillsfield.co.nz $200.00 per couple. edit
Most accommodation will have some form of internet access. Internet cafes can be found in Blenheim. There is a post shop in the High St.
The scenery of the Marlborough Sounds, the whales of Kaikoura or the culture of Nelson, take your pick.
WikiPedia:Renwick, New Zealand
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!