Regent  is a small farming community in Hettinger County, in the southwest quadrant of North Dakota. The population of Regent is only about 250 people. It was founded in 1910. The surrounding area is a popular fishing and hunting destination. Longitude: W102.61, Latitude: N46.44.
Grasshopper sculpture, Enchanted Highway, ND
Regent is accessible by automobile via the Enchanted Highway heading south, about 30 miles from the Gladstone exit #72 on I-94. It can also be reached by state highway 21, between New England (North Dakota) and Mott
In this wide open country, the most popular local transportation is the pickup truck. Local guides are available for hunters and fishers.
The Enchanted Highway (Official Site) is a rural road that is adorned with large-scale metal sculptures related to the local area: Deer Crossing, Giant Grasshoppers, the Tin Family, Theodore Roosevelt Rides Again, Phaesant Family, and Geese in Flight, by Gary Geff. Coming soon: Fisherman's Dream.
- Fishing on Larson Lake, Indian Creek Dam, Castle Rock Dam, Blickensderfer Dam, Mott Watershed Dam and Cannonball River for pike, walleye, perch, bluegill, trout, largemouth and smallmouth bass. State Fish & Game Site
- Hunting for Ringneck Phaesant, Sharptail Grouse, Hungarian Partridge. Also: Antelope, Coyote, Fox, Jack Rabbit, Whitetail and Mule Deer, Mink, Beaver, Muskrat, Raccoon, and Skunk (about $75-125/day)
- The Regent Consumers Co-Op for groceries and general supplies. Tel: (701)563-4489
- The Enchanted Highway Gift Shop is your source of local souvenirs.
- Regent Cafe on Main Street. Tel. (701) 563-4485
- Cannonbal Saloon Tel. (701) 563-4485
- Prairie Vista B&B, Box 211, Regent, ND 58650 at the end of "The Enchanted Highway". Ranch style home with 7 bedrooms, 3 baths, sauna, indoor swimming pool. Tel: (701) 563-4542. Fax: (701) 563-4519.
- T Bar L Lodging  - temporary accommodation houses available in Hettinger, ND. Tel (701) 567-2129
- Niemeyer's Ringneck Lodge 9-bed lodging in Mott, ND, hunting packages available. Tel: (701) 824-2372. email@example.com
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!