Rangsit (รังสิต) is an exurb 40 kilometres north of Bangkok and is within the Province of Pathum Thani.
Memorial Hall, Wat Dhammakaya
Effectively a suburb of Bangkok, Rangsit is directly north from Bangkok on Phahonyothin Road, 20 kilometres from Don Muang Airport.
Local buses 29, 34, 39, 59, 95, 185, 503, 504, 510, 522 and 538 will get you from Bangkok to Rangsit Future Park (7 baht in the basic non-aircon buses, 18-22 baht for aircon). You can catch most of these from the bus stop next to BTS Mo Chit station. The journey takes 30-60 minutes depending on the traffic and bus (the orange 5xx services are faster).
Nearly all central, north and northeast-bound long-distance buses stop next to Major Cineplex Rangsit , Which is right next to Future Park Shopping Mall as a hub from Rangsit in or out of the main city of Bangkok, and often almost half the bus gets off. And with reason: it's still another hour from here to the city, so this is an excellent place to hop out, stretch your legs and get a decent meal.
A taxi to central Bangkok will cost at least 300 baht. Always insist on using the meter. In the midnight hours a "service charge" may be required, but one shouldn't have to pay over 50 baht extra.
Taxis to and from Suvarnabhumi Airport approx costs 380 baht, Although the touts outside will try and get you to pay 1000 - 1500 baht wait in the taxi line outside the airport and you should be fine.
The train at the Main railway station (Hua-Lamphong Station Bangkok)
Catch the northern / eastern.
A rail convoy through all No more need to express
Price 6-12 baht (not updated).
Stop at >>> Don-Muang Airport or RangSit Station
Another good mean of transport which is as fast as taxi, but very much cheaper. The vans to Rangsit can be found in two major transportation area in Bangkok: at BTS Mo Chit station (MRT Jatujak Park Station), at the Jatujak Park side, and Victory Monument Station. You can ask the van drivers nearby to get to the correct queue before getting on a van. The queue is quite long in the evening of weekdays because people who come to work in Bangkok will get back to Rangsit. The price is 30 Baht. The van usually take a U-turn in front of Tesco Lotus Rangsit and arrived in the Van Parking Area in Future Park. There are some vans that continue to Ayuttaya The passenger must get off at the opposite side of Future Park Rangsit, and cross the pedestrian bridge to Future Park Rangsit or Major Cineplex Rangsit.
In Future Park Rangsit, there is a van parking area which have vans that go to many destinations, for example, BTS Mochit Station, Victory Monument, Thammasat University, Rangsit University, Bangna. There are taxis in front of Future Park Rangsit. Beware not to call the taxis that parks at the road between Future Park Rangsit and Major Cineplex because they often not use the meter. There are many taxi, bus, and vans in front of Major Cineplex Rangsit too.
- Wat Phra Dhammakaya, . Humongous hypermodern temple home to the controversial Dhammakaya (Thammakai) cult/sect, dubbed the Thai version of the Church of Scientology. The size of the complex can hardly be overstated: crowds on special events can number in the hundreds of thousands, and the unreal scale of everything makes it appear like a science fiction movie set built by Albert Speer. As you enter, you'll first see the golden dome of the Memorial Hall of the sect's founder, Phramonkolthepmuni. Behind it lies the aircraft-hangar-sized Meditation Hall, and once you've walked through it (which takes a solid 15 minutes of hiking!) you'll spot the main event, the stupendous Maha Dhammakaya Cetiya. This is a golden UFO-shaped chedi covered with "one million" (in 300,000 outside and 700,000 inside) of golden Buddhas, in the center of a massive square and surrounded by the concrete platform of the Meditation Amphitheatre (scheduled for completion in 2006). There are free shuttle services from Victory Monument and Sanam Luang in Bangkok starting 7 AM on Sundays only; otherwise, find the elusive shuttle bus 1008 from Rangsit market, or just take a taxi from Future Park (80-100B one way). The temple is free to all and open daily, but devotees gather the first Sunday of each month and there are English-language meditation retreats several times a year. Dress decently (women must cover shoulders and legs) and try to pick a cloudy or cool day because there's a lot of walking to be done. edit
- National Memorial (อนุสรณ์สถานแห่งชาติ), Viphavadi Rangsit Rd (at the intersection of Viphavadi Rangsit Road and Phahonyothin Road, slightly beyond Don Muang Airport), ☎ +66-2-532-1021. M-F 9AM-4PM. The National Memorial is on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road slightly beyond Don Muang Railway Station. Covering an area of 38 rai, the National Memorial is under the responsibility of the Armed Force Education Department, Supreme Command Headquarters. There are wall paintings depicting historic events in Thai history from the Sukhothai period to the Rattanakosin period, replicas of royal decorations, bas-reliefs of the establishment of the city and models recounting historic battles in Thai history. A speaker is available for a group visit, but advance contact is required. Free. edit
- National Science Museum. edit
- Royal Thai Mint, (on Phahonyothin Road, 3 km north of Future Park). edit
- Dream World (ดรีมเวิลด์), ☎ +66 2 533-1152. M-F 10:00-17:00, Sa-Su, hols 10:00-19:00. Situated at km.7 of Rangsit-Ongkharak Road, this large amusement park houses a European style plaza, miniature land of major world legends, and offer exciting rides, shows and games. 450 baht. edit
Rangsit hosts over a dozen of higher education institutes, including:
- Asian Institute of Technology, Phahonyothin Rd, . Thailand's equivalent of MIT has its main campus in Rangsit, 6 km north of Future Park. Get there on buses 29 and 39. edit
- Rangsit University. Located in the center of the small community of Muang-Ake, RU is one of Thailand's largest universities and home to an international college with English instructions. edit
- University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC). Places international students at Rangsit University. edit
- MuayThai Institute, (down Pahonyothin Road from Future Park, next to Night Stadium nightclub). The MTI trains both Thai and foreign students (instruction in English) in Thailand's national martial art of muaythai. Basic, intermediate, advanced and professional muaythai skills courses are available, as well as general training for fighters. Rooms are available in the institute. The institute has its own website with email and phone contact details. edit
- Future Park Rangsit (ฟิวเจอร์พาร์ค รังสิต), Phahonyothin Rd, . In Rangsit, the future seems to mean huge shopping malls. Here you can find Robinson and Central department stores, Big C Hypermarket, and TOPS supermarket, Major Cineplex Future Park Rangsit. As of April 2015, some area is undergoing renovation to reopen as ZPELL, a high-end restaurant and shopping area. Major Cineplex Rangsit is just a short walk from here. edit
- IT Zeer Rangsit (ไอที เซียร์ รังสิต), 99 Phahonyothin Rd, ☎ +66 2 531-4324, . A centre of shops selling computers, mobile phones, and other kinds of connecting devices, as well as offering computer maintenance services. In the evening there is a flea market in front of IT Zeer Rangsit everyday. edit
- Major Cineplex Rangsit, . , is an entertainment complex with a large selection of local merchants owning stores and many restaurants. The best place for local thai department stores. edit
- Rangsit Markets. Open every day closing about 9pm each night. Basically a hudge boot market with street vendor after street vendor selling his wares. If you like the local food and aren't shy of the local cuisine and traditional thai wares this is your place. edit
- TU Dome Plaza, . A shopping center and also a dormitory for students and faculties who works in Thammasat University. Located on the opposite side of Thammasat University on Chiang Rak Road. edit
- Talad Thai (ตลาดไท), (across from Thamassat university along Phahonyothin Road), ☎ +66 2 908-4490(-2), . 24 hours. One of Asia's largest fresh produce markets, Talad Thai is designed to be spacious and convenient, completely different from the traditional central market by dividing the market into sections of various products which can support large quantities of products of more than 15,000 tons from farmers from all over the country. It is divided into the areas of the Orange Building, a tangerine market, the Mixed Fruits Building, selling many kinds of fruits from farmers from all over the country such as mangoes, cantaloupes, santols, custard apples, guavas, papayas, sapodillas, jujubes, melons, pomeloes, acidless oranges, bananas, rose apples, grapes, Manila tamarinds, etc. Moreover, there is the Seasonal Fruits Square. It is because during the fruit season, this square is open for farmers and buyers to come and directly conduct the sales of many categories of fruits in a large number. There is also the Flowers, Decorative Plants and Plant Cuttings Market which is a gathering location of sellers of the products from the important production areas, as well as, sellers of the planting tools and vegetable building. The Fresh Market is a place selling every kind of consuming products such as beef, pork, duck meat, chicken, fish, seafood, vegetables, fruits, and grocery stores. On the second floor, there are grocery products. The Flowers Market offers various kinds of flowers and decorative plants such as roses, orchids, gerberas, wreath making shops, as well as, shops selling offerings for monks. Moreover, in communities and villages, there are OTOP handcrafted products such as mini Sam Khok water jars as souvenirs, artificial lotus flowers, and leather bags. edit
Future Park has countless eating options, there are more than 10 Japanese restaurants in here. Major Cineplex Rangsit also has a very large selection of different foods.
- Gyudon Express, (just before Viphavadi Rangsit Soi 16 (Soi Chokechai Ruammitr)). An authentic quick-service Japanese restaurant specializing in rice bowls topped with beef (Gyudon). edit
- Rangsit Boat Noodle (ก๋วยเตี๋ยวเรือรังสิต), (along the Rangsit canal). On the west side of Future Park Rangsit is the Rangsit-Nakornnayok Road. There are several boat noodle shops in the stationary boats floating in Rangsit canal along the road. Some also provide steaks and other western foods too. edit
Homestay with a local Thai family
Homestay is located in Rangsit Thanyaburi district surrounded by rice paddies and non-polluted canals.
Accommodation with home-cooked meals for travelers who wish to experience the local lifestyle and cuisine.
Visit it website] for more details and enquiry.