Ramona is in North County (San Diego County).
Ramona is a small town in the north eastern section of San Diego County. The town is a working town and unfortunately doesn't offer much for tourists.
Ramona can be accessed through a limited amount of roads and highways.
From Southern San Diego, take 8 East to the 67 North.
8 East to Wildcat Canyon will throw you right into town.
From Northern San Diego
15 south exit West Bernardo Dr; go east and left on Highland Valley. This is a great scenic route of the true Ramona and the leftovers of the 2003 and 2007 Wildfires
From West San Diego
52 east to the 67 north
- Ramona Rodeo and Parade, Fred Grand Arena, 421 Aqua Lane, Ramona CA 92065, . Late May. edit
- D'Carlo's: 1347 Main Street, (760) 789-4340. The best place in Ramona to sit down and have dinner. Great steak, Prime Rib is their specialty. Everything on the menu is great and cheap for the quality of the food.
Like every town in San Diego County Ramona has a bunch of great Mexican food that can be hard to find if you don't know the area.
- La Cocina: 681 Main Street, (760) 789-8332. Excellent burritos and salsa, but everything they have is great also. This is a good place to get a quick meal.
- El Michoacan: 780 Main Street. A big open restaurant with a wood fire pit, I recommend the Carne Asada, but it is all good. This is more of a place to sit down and enjoy a beer.
- Mañana's: Main St. Solid fast food Mexican, open 24 hours.
- Mi Ranchito: 1028 Main Street, (760) 789-0368. Quick and cheap, the crazy fries are pretty good.
Burgers and Diners
- Boll Weevil: 2548 Main Street, (760) 788-1392. Good big burgers and fries, a good country joint to go watch the game and hang out. This place is pretty classic Ramona.
- Ramona Cafe: 628 Main Street, (760) 789-8656. This is some of the best diner food around and the best place in Ramona to have breakfast.
- Riviera Oaks, 25382 Pappas Road, Ramona, CA 92065, ☎ (800) 438-2929, . A luxury time-share resort. edit