Raahe  is a city in Oulu province, Finland. Raahe is third biggest city in it's region with 22,500 inhabitants. It is located in the middle of Finland just "below" the city of Oulu, 74km south. Raahe is strongly involved in steel industry.
The easiest way to get in Raahe is by bus. Buses Turku-Oulu and Helsinki-Oulu go thru Raahe. Be very patient though, as travel will last for 6-10 hours.
If you've got a car and you're travelling anywhere in Finland, find Route 8 or E8. It is the road from Turku via Vaasa and Kokkola to Oulu / Kemi.
Buy a car or a bike. Basically there is no public transportation in Raahe (except for busses to villages nearby). You can also walk, since the city is very small.
- Ruukki Steel Mill, . One of the biggest steel mills in Europe.
- Old Raahe is also worth seeing, it covers a big area from the centre and consists of very old wooden houses. The market-square in Old Raahe is the Finland's second best preserved square-shaped empire style marketplace.
- Raahe Museum. Lots of stuff about seafaring and the oldest scuba gear in the world!
- Tornitalo (the Skyscraper). A good view over Raahe and especially over the archipelago. They serve delicious Chinese food.
- Raahe Church
- Bio Huvimylly, a remarkable movie theatre!
Lots of flea markets all over town, check them out.
- Naavalainen (handicrafts)
- BRR Music store
- Raahen Musiikki music store
- Tori-Grilli, in the bus station. Traditional Finnish Grill cuisine. Veggie burger is definitely worth checking out, as well as tonnari (tuna burger). You should also try out the cornerstone of Finnish Grill food, Käristemakkara.
- Nuorisokahvila Cuppi. Offers very good snacks.
- Ararat. Armenian restaurant in Kirkkokatu, not very chic but the food is great.
- Pizzeria Alto Mare. A pizzeria with good pizzas but terrible service.
- Take Away serves the best Finnish Grill cuisine. The kebab in this place is rumored to be the best in Finland.
- Madonna competes with Take Away about the best Finnish Grill cuisine title. It's just a matter of opinion.
- Night Club Gina.
- Blues Moon. No blues in music selections, only in the people. Be careful.
- Rytmikellari (the rhythm basement) is the place to go. Rytmikellari is a very nice little bar with lots of Finnish and international artists. Atmosphere is very cozy and drinks cheap. There is also a pool table and a huge television to watch. Try Bloody Mary!
- Kajuutta (Ka-You-Ta). Translated as "cabin". If you'd like to see some native Raahe people. The oldest bar in Raahe.
- Ottopoika. Very cheap pint.
- Nuorisokahvila Cuppi. Over 100 different coffees and very good filled rolls.
- Hotel Tiiranlinna, +358(0)8 840 3100, .
- Hotel Raahen Hovi.
- Raahe Camping.
- Rytmikellari, +358(0)44 2882 069, .