Rødby is a city on Lolland, and is mainly known for the ferries to Puttgarden in Germany, one of the heaviest trafficed ferry routes in Europe, with large ferries departurting every 30 minutes nearly round the clock.
Trains do the 2-2,5 hour trip between Rødby and Copenhagen approximately every 2 hours most of the day, many of them are EuroCity trains also connecting to Hamburg in Germany. If you land in the middle of hiatus, you can take bus 23 to Maribo and change to a train there, though that adds nearly an hours transportation time.
By car Rødby is smack on the highway leading to Copenhagen (161km, E47), on the other side of the ferry crossing the highway continues to Hamburg (155km, E47/Route 1).
- Rødby-Puttgarden ferry (Scandlines), Færgestationsvej 5, ☎ +45 33 15 15 15, . Nearly every 30 minutes around the clock, the trip takes 45 minutes and there are restaurant, cafeterias and shops available on board. Car incl. 5 passengers: 480 DKK, adults 48 DKK. edit
- Amber Museum (Jack Stone), Østergade 5C, ☎ +45 54 60 12 72. M-F (except W) 10-12 & 14-17,Sa 9-12. edit
- Lalandia, Lalandia Centret 1, ☎ + 45 54 61 05 05, . edit
- Western Camp, Noret 2, . edit
- Café Langelinie, Vestre Kaj 64, ☎ +45 54 60 34 20. Mar-Oct M-F 12-20. Sandwiches and other café fare, and ice creams for waiting out the ferry edit
- Danhotel, Havnegade 2, ☎ +45 54 60 53 66, . edit
- Hotel E4, Maribo Landevej 4, ☎ + 45 54 60 14 85, . Doubles from 675 DKK incl breakfast buffet. edit
- Hotel Stop'n Sleep, Færgestationsvej 4, 4970 Rødby (from south when exiting Rødby Ferry port, hold to the right and enter exit-road just before the Statiol gas station; from north take exit 50 and turn left. After 300 meters turn right and you will se the hotel), ☎ +45 54 60 60 66 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +45 54 16 13 10), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11AM. Newly refurbished rooms in a friendly Scandinavian design, all rooms have own bathroom, TV and free internet access. Checkin is possible 24 hours a day through the self-service checkin system. If you have booked bring booking-number and creditcard in order to get a keycard. If pre-paid no charges on creditcard will be made. A nice Danish breakfast table can be bought for a small fee. Singles from 299 DKK if booked 60 days in advance. (55.783524,12.795639) edit